Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

has this happened to anyone
« on: September 10, 2008, 09:13:03 pm »
went to clean one of my reg 2 monthers got there started to clean windows women said not today my other window cleaner has done them today
i was puzzeled i have done these for years i said i am your normal cleaner
yes she replyed but you come every 2 month he comes every month
 but you wanted them doing every 2 month you can all guess what i did
2 w/c 1 poxy ground floor flat
some people
has this happened to anyone this must be a first

dmlservices

Re: has this happened to anyone
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 09:29:08 pm »
hi
i had similar a while ago , it was a mthly, turned up and some old guy was cleaning them. knocked to find out what was happening, turned out this guy had cleaned them for years , but was crap and rather than hurt his feelings, she had me to go over them a week after he had been, i had been on holiday and was a week late, so i got there the same time as him.

daz

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 09:51:18 pm »
Hi
I currently have a job to clean 1 window above the conservatory. The lady owner doesn't allow her regular window cleaner (traditional) to stand on her conservatory roof to do this window.
She has had her trad window cleaner for years and as he does a really good job (cleans frames as well), has no intention of replacing him.
But the difference is that we both know about each other, although as yet I have never met him.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

scud

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 10:23:23 pm »
  I work on a 5-6 week interval , I know one of my customers has anoher cleaner on a 4 week rota, sooner or later we will be there together.
  I know I have been the day after him before now, but she is happy with the arrangement, think she is just a bit happy full stop if you kow what I mean!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 10:30:24 pm »
went to clean one of my reg 2 monthers got there started to clean windows women said not today my other window cleaner has done them today
i was puzzeled i have done these for years i said i am your normal cleaner
yes she replyed but you come every 2 month he comes every month
 but you wanted them doing every 2 month you can all guess what i did
2 w/c 1 poxy ground floor flat
some people
has this happened to anyone this must be a first

I used to do a job on a 2 monthly basis quite a few years ago (when I used to do most jobs monthly).  I was chatting with anothe W/.C and he told me that he did them 2 monthly as well - but on different months to me.  Weird or what?  I finally jacked it in when she refused to pay me because she said she had paid already.  I strongly suspect that she had an alcohol problem which may have led to her forgetting things easily.  About a year later, I was cleaning across the road when she walked over and asked me to do her window cleaning.  I refused, told her why, and she denied all knowledge of it.

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 11:06:26 pm »
Yup, I had a shop. I used to do it fortnightly.

One day I turned up and there was this other guy cleaning the windows. At first I thought 'Oh, sod it, if he wants someone  else then he can have someone else'.

Anyway I got out and went into the shop to ask what was going on, as Id been doing his windows regular as clockwork for about 3 years. He said he used this other guy fortnightly and me fortnightly, but we alternated.

I looked at him, couldnt believe it.

Up until then he was the only custy I had who felt the need to have 2 cleaners.

Why?

I mean how does that transpire?

You have a cleaner and then another one knocks on your door and asks if you have a regular cleaner.

Either you do or you dont??
Surely some people dont think ....well, yeah I have a regular cleaner but you know what, I think Ill be a real plonker here, and get me another one, he can do alternate weeks to cleaner #1!!

??? ??? ??? ???

bwoofie

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 11:13:42 pm »
Matt, how come you didnt realise that some-one else was cleaning your windows? surely every cleaner has their own technique?

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 11:16:29 pm »
Oooo....I missed that, well spotted.

;D

I meant, it was on my round. I didnt own the shop, perhaps things would have been better if I had off!!

;D

Tim82

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 11:37:30 pm »
only once. one woman gave us a cheque that was about 3 quid more and something seemed fishy about it. I think she was keeping her options open incase one of us wasnt reliable. She got rid of the other guy  ;D

Londoner

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 10:08:58 am »
I've had "but you were only here last week" to find some cowboy had muscled in and told her he was the new window cleaner.

I have also had houses where the windows were just too clean, but nothing was said.

LSB

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 03:19:35 pm »
i have a customer ( old lady / nice / not all there , ! ) who i have been cleaning front only for years , a while ago i found out that another wc ( nice bloke / not very regular ) had been cleaning only the back of her house for an equally long time .
i think she did it for company , all few minutes of it .
i still do the front , as far as i know he doesnt do the back any more , but she could have someone else doing them for all i know !

Dick

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 05:25:43 pm »
I also cleaned a bungalow as well as another w/c, we never met but the customer mentioned that she had another one, but wont be any more as he died suddenly at Christmas.

Feen

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 07:54:35 pm »
  I work on a 5-6 week interval , I know one of my customers has anoher cleaner on a 4 week rota, sooner or later we will be there together.
  I know I have been the day after him before now, but she is happy with the arrangement, think she is just a bit happy full stop if you kow what I mean!
;D ;D ;D ;D
Feen

Ravensford

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 08:25:09 pm »
Yes that's happened to me!

stevekennedy

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 07:27:55 am »
They are worried that one of you will quit and then they are left without a cleaner.