Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Davidson

Re: Upholstery Cleaning
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 10:59:27 pm »
Thanks guys, it sounds like not many of you have much time for the rotary foam cleaning system.
Thats why i asked the question and appreciate all your comments drawn from actual experience.

Thanks

paul

carlton care

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2008, 12:27:20 am »
Paul

I have used every system / method / chemicals around and can offer a positive on using a chrystalising foam. My success will be doubted, in fact condemned, by some, but, I get and have been getting good results for a number of years on suites which I see twicw yearly.

Originally used HWE on them, but decided to use c/f around the sides and back, was amazed at the results and extended the use to entire suites with excellent results.

Like everything else, you need to find products you can work with, to get results. I've had excellent results from several products over the years, but dumped some for reasons of cost, or availability, or concerns.

The Von Schrader foam is good, but I have found the Chemblend product to give excellent results on suites and at a higher volume, on carpets.

I use bonnet mitts.

K.O. Glanville

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 09:33:08 am »
Interesting to see the different perspectives about the cleaning.

I have been using an old Von Schrader series !! foam machine for well over twelve - fifteen years.

I have also been using hwe for a lot longer than that.

Back then, I purchased my VS much because of the perceived drying times and safety on different fibres.

I was sadly disappointed with the end result most times I used it.

Especially on severely soiled upholstery.

Consequently I went back to hwe, using an Australian made tool with three interchangeable heads.

When the Drimaster came on the market I got (I think) one of the first in the country.

I loved it & would clean most anything with it and still do.

Now we don't get some of the great products that you people have in the U.K., but when Releasit Encapsulation solution came on the market in Australia, the old Von Schrader came out of moth balls once more.

The results were simply astounding.

The main draw back was the size and weight of the machine and the tool.

Because of the weight & size issue, I have since gone to using a Makita variable speed polisher for upholstery that I intend the Encapsulate.

This I can use with pads or bonnets, even a bonnet with an agitation stripe in it.

Be it Encapsulating with the Makita, or doing a complete flush with hwe, these tools are only that, a tool to help us get the best possible result for both ourselves and our customers.

It is up to the operator to choose the best method for this purpose.

I love upholstery cleaning, it pays me better than carpet cleaning, especially when most carpet cleaners will not spend some money to get proper training in identification of upholstery fibres and how to clean them safely.

I am not trying to put a slur on anyone here by that statement, I just think that if we are going to do a job, it should be done to the best of our ability and to get that, we should be trained by a competent instructor.

Hope this helps and does not confuse the issue.

Ooroo  ::)

Oops  :-[ orry,

Shorty  ;)

colin thomas

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2008, 01:30:57 pm »
its not harder than carpet cleaning,  Its just you earn less doing it. Try charging £150 then you'll see how easy it becomes

fantastic reply mike, still tittering,

colin     ;D
colin thomas

kelly acs

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2008, 06:23:11 pm »
I do not see how the foam machine would properly clean the suite. We tried using aerosol foam on a customers car a couple of years ago as they didn't want the seats to be damp but to be honest it was rubbish. I'm sure the brushes and the foam get the surface dirt off but it has to be more effective using extraction surely?

Anway reading this topic has been extremely helpful to me as I have leaned that I am seriously under pricing upholstery cleaning we were only charging £40-£50 pounds per suite! lol!
it's a dirty job but someones gotta do it!

carlton care

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2008, 10:33:46 pm »
Kelly

We're not really talking about using aerosols. You can generate foam through a machine, like the V S, or the quick and easy way, using a bucket of hot water
The post from ooroo! was interesting, as it's from someone who's been around a while and experimented.
The Makita idea is not as crazy as it might seem there's a similar product sold in the U S and I'm sure it does an excellent job on heavy soiling.

robert m

pro-fresh

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 04:19:27 pm »
Harvey

I agree, upholstery cleaning isnt as easy as carpet cleaning, I dont care what anyone says.

Have a look at the Minitex machine, you can use it to agitate the prespray. They are made by Texatherm and cost about £300. It should save a bit of elbow grease.

Kevin
I am the universe expressing itself as a carpet cleaner.

www.pro-fresh.co.uk

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2008, 04:34:15 pm »
I actually like upholstery cleaning ;D
M/S with a drop af f/f in the tank and I'm away for most jobs

It gets a bit mundane when you have loads and loads to do but I charge £25 per seat so the more the better ;D.

I want a drimaster hand tool, but at present just have a bog standard upholstery tool, I just keep the p.s.i. low
Ahhhh the drimaster....... one day ;D
Www.2venturegroup.com

colin thomas

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2008, 07:47:36 pm »
andy, someone will shoot me down in flames for this but dream about owning the cfr upholstery tool, in MY opinion, much better. i'll get me coat now.

colin
colin thomas

mark shannon

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2008, 08:18:15 pm »
andy, someone will shoot me down in flames for this but dream about owning the cfr upholstery tool, in MY opinion, much better. i'll get me coat now.

colin

Second that Colin

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2008, 10:45:25 pm »
what makes it so much better? I've not experienced the cfr hand tool. Is it a shorter version of my wonderwand ;D

The drimaster is very very good
Www.2venturegroup.com

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2008, 10:56:59 pm »
Colin will you pass me my coat also? I like the CFR tool aswell, wouldn't mind trying out the new drimaster tool but apparently they can't make them in China fast enough because they've got their sports day on at the moment ;D

Shaun

colin thomas

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2008, 11:15:44 pm »
i can't get my head around a tool that has to have the water running through it all the time that the machine is running thereby using water even when it is not being used, the cfr uses the same principle, ie water rinses through one slot and is picked up almost instantly by the vac slot allowing quicker drying,  but you pull the trigger to pass the rinse water through the tool, blimey, if pulling a trigger is difficult forget using a wand then!!! i find that the cfr uses a tiny amount of water to clean a 3-piece, i often clean a suite and then most of the carpets in the house as well before needing to fill the rinse tank, (truck-mount). the cfr is made of smooth stainless steel and doesn't 'snag' material, you can change the jet sizes easily, (which i never find the need to do) and if you have the 3" and the 5" head, you can change those in a few seconds. what's not to like?

colin
colin thomas

Jim_77

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2008, 11:43:44 pm »
The Drimaster has a flow control valve Colin, you can completely shut off the flow for doing dry passes or if you put the tool down to do something else.

colin thomas

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2008, 06:11:41 pm »
well yes jim i agree, but you don't turn that switch on and off when your cleaning so it stays on, you might turn it off if your going to lay the tool down for a while but that's all so it uses more water,

colin
colin thomas