Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

Re: keeps postponing
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 10:47:51 pm »
Shaun

I like your style. ;D

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

garyj

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 11:11:21 pm »
Tell her you will do it for free then do not turn up.

Then phone her and say FIFTEEN ALL  :P

clinton

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 10:29:35 pm »
I would call it a day now with her.

Dont care if she is in a tennis comp or not no one should be messed around like that and am sure she would have had someone to let you in if she really wanted you mate...

Gerry Styles

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 10:35:04 pm »
I would tell her to shove it
Premier Klean Limited

elite mike

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2008, 09:10:35 am »
Tell her you will do it for free then do not turn up.

Then phone her and say FIFTEEN ALL  :P

thats a classic, brilliant ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 03:55:23 pm »
Here's a conversation I had with someone after letting me down once.

me: OK, I understand, these things happen and I'm sure you understand that even though I can come back another day I've essentially lost that £130 because it's too short notice to book someone else in for Tuesday, yeah?

custy: sorry blah blah blah:

me: So if we commit to Thurday at 9.00am that's cast in stone is it?

custy: Oh yes, definitely.

me: Ok That's fine, now are you sure, because I will need a £50 deposit as it's  policy in these circumstance, but that's not a problem is it because you will be there, won't you.

So either they backpeddle and stop wasting your time or they pay up. Therefore whatever happens you are suddenly in a winning position.

I get deposits now  from anybody who seems flaky anyway and never had a problem.

I'm currently working on the 'I won't be there today but I will drop a cheque in the post' Do you say I ain't coming or do the job and hope?

Jim_77

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2008, 05:45:57 pm »
I don't have a problem walking away with no cheque, I don't really work for too many customers who I'd be worried about getting paid by.  I think that comes from where I've set myself in the market, i.e. spending a little longer and working for higher prices, rather than the high volume approach.

I think we all forget that the domestic market isn't really a problem when it comes to getting paid, it's commercial customers who seem to lose their cheque book when it's time to cough up.

I've got a county court claim pending at the moment, the company have until, well, tomorrow to pay me.. no cheque arrived in the post this morning.  I just can't fathom the mentality, this company is going to have a CCJ against it by Tuesday morning, I'm not pi$$ing around any more asking for the money.

Who would run a business like that??!

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2008, 06:11:00 pm »
Just got a cheque today from North Somerset Council, just checked, the job was done in May and it was, can you get down here tomorrow morning when they called. ::)

gwrightson

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 02:50:11 pm »

job done today ;D

paid up, with sincere aploigies   .

She did afterall seem a real genuine case of circumstances going wrong, even in the bathroom their was still plumbing going on, any way saga over :)

not quite as annoyed now ;)

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

derek west

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 03:18:00 pm »
did she win???????