Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

How Much Extra does it cost Customer
« on: August 03, 2008, 09:33:36 am »
With rising fuel costs etc  I  have been wondering how much extra does it cost a customer if a portable is cleaning her carpets for two hours

2x 3 stage vacs
Heat Exchanger
Turbo Dryer

40 litres of hot water

mark shannon

Re: How Much Extra does it cost Customer
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 10:39:34 am »
£1?

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 10:46:36 am »
I really don't know the answer to this one Ian, but I have a closely related experience.

About 3 years ago, I had a full house EOT to clean. It was a pre-paid meter with about £1.50 of credit on it. I was sweating abit as neither myself or the landlord had access to more meter credit.

I used about 55p worth of juice, including the heater.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 12:17:10 pm »
on the news this week it was talking about the 30% rise in fuel cost, it gave an example that it will cost 90p to have a hot bath.

I would think a bath is around 40lts so straight away you are using 90p of hot water , I'd say it around £2 to have 2hours of carpet cleaning.
mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steve Chapman

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 12:31:51 pm »
We do alot of eot and it is usually the same as ken has quoted for the electric about 50p of the key meter, probaby gone up a bit now  ::)

as for the water its hard to tell, but only pennies i would of thought

a pound would cover it im sure

regards
steve

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 03:52:26 pm »
The problem with Meters is some are geared to recover bad debt , plus people on meters pay more.
the rising fuel costs  and the Bane post reminded me of the pensioner who wanted a refund for the water and electric I used.

As I have a Satifaction  Guarantee i had no alternitve  I gave her £5

But now make sure I tell customers they supply electic and hot water.

Steve Chapman

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 04:03:30 pm »
Ian,

I had a similar customer a couple of years back, where he actually deducted £5 for the use of water and electric of the bill i gave him, i thought he was joking at first, but then realized he was serious ::)

He was a regular customer but i told him not to phone me in future as i just thought that was cheeky and going to far, he had pots of money and i already cut him a good deal !

He's the only one whose ever mentioned it, most dont normally think twice about it,

In fact most houses i go to during the week i fill up the t/m  ;D

steve

ollie

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 08:24:39 pm »
The problem with Meters is some are geared to recover bad debt , plus people on meters pay more.
the rising fuel costs  and the Bane post reminded me of the pensioner who wanted a refund for the water and electric I used.

Hi Ian, I use NCCA quote forms and on them it states "the customer will supply the neccessary water and electricity etc etc"   why not do something like that?
ollie

derek west

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 08:33:20 pm »
as a truckmounter i actually advertise that we don't use your elec or water so no hefty bills after were gone.
so len if you read this 40 / 15

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 05:35:02 pm »

Yes we now have it on our forms but like banks i go over key terms and conditions etc

Hi Ian, I use NCCA quote forms and on them it states "the customer will supply the neccessary water and electricity etc etc"   why not do something like that?

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 04:40:39 pm »
as a truckmounter i actually advertise that we don't use your elec or water so no hefty bills after were gone.
so len if you read this 40 / 15

To which the opposing point of view is "we'll charge you less than a truckmounter would because you the occupier will be providing the water & elec"

It basically comes down to perception and how you sell yourself.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way