Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

washing decking
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:46:49 am »

Roger Oakley

Re: washing decking
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 02:17:11 pm »
I have seen askthebuilders.com tips before and the guy is a complete idiot.
Pressure washing a deck is safe to do as long as you know what you are doing.
In the wrong hands yes he is right you will/can destroy decking, furniture with a pressure washer.
Our web-site has before & after photos of decking done correctly.

Kevin R

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 06:43:35 pm »
Oxydising bleach is a good way to clean a deck though it must be said.  I use oxygen 8 by Syntec, you dont need much and its a lot less hassle than pressure washing it, and its cheaper to. If I have a drive and a deck to do I spray the deck go and set up on the drive and then go back and rinse the deck and the jobs done whilst your doing something else. Its cheap and effective, as good as pressure washing too.

If your cleaning patio etc next to a deck its quicker to pressure wash it though - if that makes sense.  ;D

Roger Oakley

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 08:08:51 pm »
Kevin,
What I was getting at, with askthebuilder is his way of getting his message across have a look at his web-site sometime, it is not all good advice.
But you are totally right, bleach is still in my opinion the best way to clean a deck, just make sure you know what wood you are cleaning as hardwood & softwood decking are 2 different beasts. Hardwood it is best to neautralise are a bleach wash.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 11:10:59 pm »

Hardwood it is best to neautralise are a bleach wash.

Sorry?