Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rogue Trader

Does anyone own a salmon bush?
« on: July 05, 2008, 09:25:39 am »
I have got a salmon brush but i am having problems with the jets hitting the bristles and more water is dripping off the brush than is fanning out unhindered , my only other brush that i have used is a vikan which jets perfectly , is this normal or should the salmon brush jet like the vikan?

john tomkins

Re: Does anyone own a salmon bush?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 11:22:27 am »
The vikan has a purpose made slot along the middle where there are no bristles.
With the salmon tufts of bristles are ripped out to allow water flow through them.
Two things which may help.
1) You need to rip more bristles out of the salmon to allow better flow.
2) If you are using fan jets and they are spraying off center (not 90 degrees to the face), either twist the jets for a better spray or if it's the jets themselves change to one that sprays correctly, if it's the cleantech ones they are hit and miss to how accurate they spray.

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 10:11:03 pm »
I have been using salmon brushes for 2/3 years and think they very good . I do take out some of the bristles around the pencil jets and have no probs. tried the vikan did'nt like it so moved to the salmon, stuck with it ever since.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 10:15:02 pm »
Once you have the window`s on your round to a good standard using a salmon brush is much quicker and easier to use than a flocked.Because it holds no dirt in it it`s just like colouring in the windows and getting back in the van,i find it much quicker using salmon brushes.

billy08

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 10:06:12 am »
NWH,have you ever used the autobrush,I think this is a salmon.If so how heavy is it and is it worth the £60ish it costs

cheers