Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

System Hozelock type connectors.
« on: July 03, 2008, 07:02:59 pm »
Is there anyone out there that uses them that dosen`t have any trouble with leaks,i`m looking to have a go with them.

matt

Re: System Hozelock type connectors.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 07:09:59 pm »
i use them

where they break, change them, they dont cost much, so no loss ( though saying that i have had the same connection on my cart for 5 years now )

NWH

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:13:04 pm »
I only want to use them on my system Matt,have you used them like this before as i want to make sure they don`t leak.Once there fitted they won`t be going anywhere but i have heard people say there a nightmare for leaking although just using them in the van i`m hoping that won`t be the case.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 09:47:44 pm »
I only want to use them on my system Matt,have you used them like this before as i want to make sure they don`t leak.Once there fitted they won`t be going anywhere but i have heard people say there a nightmare for leaking although just using them in the van i`m hoping that won`t be the case.

Hozelock connectors only leak when not under pressure. This is why I would not use them in my vehicle set-up as the systems are not under constant pressure. I do use them on my reel-end connections, but these are always outside the vehicle.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 09:58:00 pm »

Hozelock connectors only leak when not under pressure. This is why I would not use them in my vehicle set-up as the systems are not under constant pressure. I do use them on my reel-end connections, but these are always outside the vehicle.
Cheers Alex,i was only really thinking of using it in the same way as you on the hosereel.I rang yesterday but didn`t get an answer so had to do something else as i was in real need of that spindle.The reason i was wanting to go hozelock on the hosereel is because doing it this way it will be plastic on plastic and won`t keep ruining the spindles, as at the moment it`s plastic on brass and chews up the plastic on the spindle if it`s undon only a couple of times.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 10:03:05 pm »
Sorry NWH for the delay in responding to your message - I believe Kirsty tried to get back to you this morning?  We are experiencing a time delay on the new office answering machine system (part of the BT package). It's only delivering messages about 5-6 hours after they are left which is a fat lot of good.

Plastic on brass only seems to work when the female connector is in plastic. 

NWH

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 10:14:35 pm »
Sorry NWH for the delay in responding to your message - I believe Kirsty tried to get back to you this morning?  We are experiencing a time delay on the new office answering machine system (part of the BT package). It's only delivering messages about 5-6 hours after they are left which is a fat lot of good.

Plastic on brass only seems to work when the female connector is in plastic. 
I have a male hozelock end that will screw on the end of the hosereel though.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 10:20:02 pm »
I've been using brass hozelock on my reel-end and they leak after a while. So I got some O rings and that extends their life for a bit.

Finally, last week I went over to the Gardena version of hozelock which has been recommended here and it feels a better job but we shall see.
It's a game of three halves!

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 10:53:17 pm »
NWH what do you want to connect ?
if its hose to hose or hose to reel look for GEKA type fittings
bit clunky but NEVER leak either pressured or not
cheaper than hozelock
no moving parts
repairable for pence
SOLID Brass

on the downside they are impossible to seperate if under pressure :(

macmac

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 04:11:50 pm »
Full hozelok connectors in van with no leaks, been using these type since i started wfp, although i do replace them nown again to be safe. last time i changed my two di's i did them with brass ones from toolstation. the only leak i get is from the hose reel (but my hose reel is not fixed), this is because the rubber o ring is spinning inside the female & thus wears a flat on it- replaced for pennies though. ;)

Tony

cybersye

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 10:33:46 am »
i replaced all mine with gardena ones, much better quality and never had a problem with them, b & q do them

macmac

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 03:18:18 pm »
Full hozelok connectors in van with no leaks, been using these type since i started wfp, although i do replace them nown again to be safe. last time i changed my two di's i did them with brass ones from toolstation. the only leak i get is from the hose reel (but my hose reel is not fixed), this is because the rubber o ring is spinning inside the female & thus wears a flat on it- replaced for pennies though. ;)

Tony

When i say hozelok i mean hozelok "type" connectors. i don't use hozelok actual brand as i think they're very poor. cleantech do some green ones which are excellent- i'm still using one which is 4 years old!

Tony

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: System Hozelock type connectors. New
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 03:58:52 pm »
I got a Gardena Premium female water stop connector for my trolley and I use one of the plastic type male connectors on the hose. Since making the change to the Gardena I get very little leakage.
I found that the metal male connectors get burrs on them form being dropped on the floor etc, and when you push them in they dammage the inner surface of the female connectors making a poor surface for the 'O' ring to seal on.