Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

markhalliwell

emporium pole
« on: July 03, 2008, 10:50:18 pm »
I would just like to comment on how good my emporium ultra light pole is..I used to use a 36 foot hybrid but it stays in the van now,and i would like to say what a top man alan is at emporium poles

Dave Turley

Re: emporium pole
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 07:35:00 am »
hiya. I had the first emporium pole, and think it's great. I believe they've been improved since then.

I can't compare against sl2 as haven't seen one  ;D

sair

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 07:51:41 am »
I am not normally so bold in my statements and it fair to say "there is no comparison"! 

compare it  against the original SL mark 1, yes compare away.
Essentially Pure Ltd

NWH

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 09:10:45 pm »
There is no comparison in anyway what so ever,well there is the SL2 is a strong as an ox and the Emporium pole is as weak as a kitten.I had 1 and broke 2 sections lifting it and 2 sections lowering it,i actually found it weaker than the Maver resolution fishing pole and that was weak.

prestigeclean

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 08:50:45 am »
had mine since they first came onto the market and it does the job great regards alan

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 08:54:12 am »
Description would be great! Please.
It's a game of three halves!

Dave Turley

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 11:12:18 am »
surely if th sl2 is that much stronger it must have more materials (carbon fibre) in it and therefore be heavier?

I never pick my emporium pole up off the ground, since I broke the 4th section and was THEN told by the manufacturer that you shouldn't do this.
(they did replace it foc though)

I treat it more like an instrument than a tool and I wouldn't trust anyone else to use it!

it would be interesting to see a weight comparison if ayone knows ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 12:53:51 pm »
We have both an Emporium and a Super-Lite in our premises and I have worked with both poles. If anyone wants to see the comparison between the two then please feel free to come and have a look. We have carried out full rigidity and weight comparisons between each pole. The Super-Lite is about 250g heavier (weighed on the same set of scales) at 45ft than the '46ft' emporium, but it is about 1' 6" longer.

I would personally recommend that the Super-Lite is assembled to about 35-40ft on the ground and then picked up as it is by far the easiest and quickest way to use the pole. The pole has been designed to be used like this. At heights above 40ft I would then recommend attaching further sections with the pole resting against a building.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 01:40:08 pm »
I agree, there is no comparison, having held the Emporium on numerous occasions I believ it is no where near as strong as an SL-2, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.