Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cleaning gutters and fascia boards.
« on: July 04, 2008, 08:09:48 pm »
Had my first opportunity to try out my gutter brush on a customer's porch today. It was so simple and MUCH quicker than using a regular brush.

The brush has long bristles to get into the nooks and crannies.

I use a freedom trolley and always have a can of 200:1 tfr with me just in case.

First of all I put the can of tfr on the trolley and attached the brush. I gave the guttering a good soaking and a bit of a brushing. Then I just connected the brush to the customer's hose pipe and brushed and rinsed  it all off with tap water. Brilliant and really quick.

The pictures aren't wonderful quality, but show how the brush gets to every corner quickly and easily.

john tomkins

Re: Cleaning gutters and fascia boards.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 08:30:22 pm »
Nice one , looks good.
Only negative I can see is angle of brush means gallons of water running down the pole itself and soaking ya ;D

vivaro 013

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 10:21:59 pm »
what type of brushes is it and were was it purchase from

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 10:35:14 pm »
John, I can see your point about the angle of the brush, but it HAS to be at that angle to get up between the guttering and the fascia board. The water flow is actually quite low so I didn't get much water running down the pole.

Vivaro, I can't remember where the brush came from. This style of brush is called a lobby brush.  Here's an example:

If you Google "lobby brush" you'll find loads of them at all sorts of prices.

www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUK261&q=lobby+brush&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

For cleaning gutters, the cheaper the better as long as the bristles are long enough.

john tomkins

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 11:14:16 am »
I'm not knocking it mate, just telling the problems I have when the brush is that angle to the pole and water torrents down the pole.
You'll have to invent some sort of diverter to stop it reaching the user, I've tried but unsuccesfully :'(

cvdewsbury

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 11:34:37 am »
two elastic bands around the cuffs of the operatives jacket  ;D ;D

Kevin R

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 11:50:58 am »
I find the Hi-lo or sill brush the best for cleaning gutters and fascias and conservatory roofs, you dont have to change the angle of the brush and it does not drip unless is completely upside done when doing the soffit. Because of the angle of the brush it is excellent for all faces of the fascia and gutter.

I keep one for this job. I have had it for a year and it still looks brand new, It gets used at least once a week. ( I also use it for cleaning the van)