Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ged

oil remover/ degreaser
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:59:36 pm »
has anyone got any idea of the make up of degreaser/ oil removal chemicals like resiblock Oil Remover. smells like its gots lots of paraffin in it but it costs a bomb. tech clean used to do a really good one that worked a treat on block paving but they no longer do it which is a shame cos it was great value. if a knew the composition i might be able to make some up myself.

ged

Matt Gibson

Re: oil remover/ degreaser
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:05:04 pm »
This stuff apparently had micro organisms that break down the oil...

http://www.oiltechnics.co.uk/Oil_Stains/BlockDrives/index.html

Not sure if its true...but it works a treat..

Ged

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 08:27:34 pm »
thanks matt. any idea of the shelf life of the OT8. i'm thinking if its got bacteria in it you will not be able to store it for long because the bacteria would not survive.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 08:33:52 pm »
Hi mate,

Not really sure about the shelf life, just shoot them an email, they were quick to reply to me regarding shipping queries.. They should be able to give you a decent idea of shelflife..

Ged

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 08:37:57 pm »
excellent idea but would still like to know the make up of the parrafin based de greaser if anyone has come across it

ged

BDCS

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 10:35:12 pm »
I've had a chemical firm do me a degreaser based on the tech clean degreaser - the sample arrived this week and I will trial it soon. If its any good I will post the details.

Griffus

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 06:05:13 pm »
Trialed OT8 and BIO TA this week on synthetic oil on Concrete Block Paving and Tarmac. The oil has been down a while (approx 3 months).

With the BP there was still slight shadowing even after 3 applications but it was probably as good as it was going to get after the time it's been down. With the tarmac the oil lifted at the first attemp but the mark remained, as expected.

I would say a good product but a bit pricey.

I'm sure they'll send you a litre of each for trial purposes if you drop them a line, although we got ours from from a local supplier.

APWS

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 07:05:18 pm »
Trialed OT8 and BIO TA this week on synthetic oil on Concrete Block Paving and Tarmac. The oil has been down a while (approx 3 months).

With the BP there was still slight shadowing even after 3 applications but it was probably as good as it was going to get after the time it's been down. With the tarmac the oil lifted at the first attemp but the mark remained, as expected.

I would say a good product but a bit pricey.

I'm sure they'll send you a litre of each for trial purposes if you drop them a line, although we got ours from from a local supplier.
who sells it round here ian, sure chems?
!! if it can get dirty it can get clean !!

Griffus

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 10:28:35 pm »

Rozone in Darlaston.

I've only dealt with them this week for the first time due to the OT8. Ask for Danny as he was really helpful.

0121 526 8181 - www.rozone.co.uk

I do use Sure Chemicals and they're great but I don't think they can supply OT8 and BIO TA.

APWS

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 04:01:04 pm »

Rozone in Darlaston.

I've only dealt with them this week for the first time due to the OT8. Ask for Danny as he was really helpful.

0121 526 8181 - www.rozone.co.uk

I do use Sure Chemicals and they're great but I don't think they can supply OT8 and BIO TA.
nice one, cheers
!! if it can get dirty it can get clean !!