Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

6 monthly cleanes
« on: May 28, 2008, 01:35:16 pm »
how do you price these add a bit more or double price ect ect any help please

Alex Wingrove

Re: 6 monthly cleanes
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 01:54:09 pm »
depends what it is, insides, normal rates of time and a half of outside, but pretty much go round the building, and then double the price

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 01:58:12 pm »
depends what it is, insides, normal rates of time and a half of outside, but pretty much go round the building, and then double the price
outsides only did this perticular house once trad then he had a lot of building work done but found me on the web cannot wait to see his face when i turn up was going to charge double as ther  was a few windows i couldent get to trad but now water fed pole i can do them

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 02:00:44 pm »
 ;D I was thinking the very same thing only today!

At the moment I offer a monthly, Bi-Monthly and One Off's

If monthly     £10       20          30    40
Bi-monthly    £15       27.50     40    54
One off          £20       40          60    80

As you can see the One offs seem a bit steep (I have had some laughs on that)

Not many takers on one offs...
But having said that I am at home NOW because of a One Off this morning £110
In and Out (Trad  :P )
so it does work (sometimes!)  8)

m.b.s.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 02:07:11 pm »
so double is about right then cannot wait to see his face ;D ;D ;D
it just shows you its a small world

Helen

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 02:08:47 pm »
Is this the same one that requetsed WFP from your other thread.
If he has had building work done then surely it is a builders clean and to be honest if it is that bad WFP may not be suitable in all areas. Make sure you see it first and see how bad the windows are....do they have concrete etc stuck to them, paint flecks over glass  that sort of thing  :)

m.b.s.

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 02:12:05 pm »
Is this the same one that requetsed WFP from your other thread.
If he has had building work done then surely it is a builders clean and to be honest if it is that bad WFP may not be suitable in all areas. Make sure you see it first and see how bad the windows are....do they concrete etc stuck to them, paint flecks over glas  that sort of thing  :)
it is the same one yes but like you say i have to look at it yet to see exactly but i think he did have anothe cleaner clean it up i remember a guy doing it but i know the windows he was talking about can only be done wfp so if windows are not too bad is double acceptable and would you also add a bit more for the first clean or just stick to double

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 02:19:06 pm »
If its a 6 monthly clean? then its a first clean price every time, I charge double on my first cleans because I go around twice.

Helen

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 02:24:05 pm »
First clean or one off price, no deals for 6 monthly as 9 times out of 10 they use you once and that is it.

simon knight

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 03:25:51 pm »
First clean or one off price, no deals for 6 monthly as 9 times out of 10 they use you once and that is it.

Absolutely agree. I've stopped all this 6 monthly malarky for that very reason. Also I can't be bothered to haggle the price every time I visit.

The max I now go to is 3 months. The only exceptions are where they are having building work done.

The trouble with the 6 monthlies is that they tend to become 7, 8, 9 or 10 monthlies.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 03:29:22 pm »
how do you price these add a bit more or double price ect ect any help please

I would add at least 50% as I do for a first clean.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 07:07:20 pm »
What advantage if any is there in doing a 6 monthly clean except charging the earth and making a vast profit?

m.b.s.

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 08:24:31 pm »
What advantage if any is there in doing a 6 monthly clean except charging the earth and making a vast profit?
exactly you should of seen his face wish i had a camera when i showed up had to hold a straight face i was nearly wetting my self at the same time any way just got back got the job at double and a bit price now i can laughth ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
bet he never thought i would get to were i am now thanks to one person who has given me a confidence boost cheers ww ;)

jonah

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 08:32:49 pm »
I charge double on all my first cleans , it really sorts out the time wasters  :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 08:37:24 pm »
Generally  I would view a 6 monthly as a one-off and say call me when you want me and I would price it depending on the state of the windows and fit it in at my convenience.

But ...

I do a small school every six months regularly (for 5 years now) and so usually up the price about 5/10% every year.

I'd consider other schools (usually once a term, three times a year) and maybe unusual commercials.
It's a game of three halves!

RPCCS

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 08:52:33 pm »
 I do 1  6m clean on a church retreat centre, and just charge a daily rate .
Cheers Rich

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 09:21:47 pm »
exactly you should of seen his face wish i had a camera when i showed up had to hold a straight face i was nearly wetting my self at the same time any way just got back got the job at double and a bit price now i can laughth ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
bet he never thought i would get to were i am now thanks to one person who has given me a confidence boost cheers ww ;)
Thanks Martin and you are very welcome  ;D