Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

can you reccomend VW T4's?
« on: May 27, 2008, 08:44:54 pm »
really fancy one, but theyre going for silly money or have 200k + miles...

could have a new shape transit (not newest) for some of the prices i see them going for!

chris@c.m.s

Re: can you reccomend VW T4's?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 09:15:33 pm »
I have a t4 its rusting fast the speedo has packed in the fuel gauge is dodgy and its slow to pick up in the morning and I'd prefer the gear lever to be on the dash as in the later models other than that its fine. ;)
Sussex by the sea

WCE

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 09:20:12 pm »
I have a t4 its rusting fast the speedo has packed in the fuel gauge is dodgy and its slow to pick up in the morning and I'd prefer the gear lever to be on the dash as in the later models other than that its fine. ;)
Yours mast be a bad un then! I have one and it is the best van i have ever had ok not the fastest thing in the world but apart from that great. Most people I know who have one love em.
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 09:33:40 pm »
Yep I agree I probably did get a bad one I know they are usually good, hopefully I'll  be able to buy new next time.   
Sussex by the sea

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 10:53:14 pm »
had one for 15mths good van overall very hard to find one with low miles mine had 187000 miles on the clock sold it for the same money i bought it for the year before not bad going it had cost quite a bit to run (repairs) everthing takes ages to get too as the engine bay is very tight!  i have now a ducato not as speedy but it keeps my fuel bill down one of the main reasons for selling still i used to get 500 mile to a tank of diesel which is not bad going as it was a 2.5 tdi 102 fastest van i've ever had unfortunatley i had to be sensible with my current choice  needed to be a lot newer as mots were getting expensive ! if i could of bought a newer one i would have  may be in the future i will

Mr H

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 05:48:34 am »
T4's are galvaised so shouldn't rust quickly. If you get an ex-AA one they have been upgraded..... Brakes, alternator, etc, some even chipped to increase power and mpg.....  AA ones were serviced every 5000miles too.... Has mine since Dec and thoughly impessed with it.....

Regards
Mr H