Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Transfer hose
« on: May 26, 2008, 06:44:41 pm »
Been using a flat hose about 25mm wide but it's splitting everywhere down the seams. Does anyone use ordinary hose and does it pump fast enough to transfer 300l in five or ten minutes? Are there any normal builders merchants who might sell the bigger diameter stuff?

Bobs Window Cleaning

Re: Transfer hose
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 06:56:47 pm »
I also had probs with lay flat hose. Switched over to normal garden hose and had no probs since.

300L will take around 20 mins depending on your pump.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 07:01:22 pm »
get garden pond hose you can pick this up from most diy & garden centers
where theres muck theres money

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 07:11:53 pm »
Been using a flat hose about 25mm wide but it's splitting everywhere down the seams. Does anyone use ordinary hose and does it pump fast enough to transfer 300l in five or ten minutes? Are there any normal builders merchants who might sell the bigger diameter stuff?
I suspect you were using the blue transfer hose? If it is, I had the same problem, I binned it in the end and went for the little more expensive yellow one, results are the hose is much thicker and has worked with no leaks for over six months now, more than I can say for the blue one, that began to spring leaks after just a couple of months use.

john tomkins

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 07:41:29 pm »
Cleantech do the 1" braided clear hose, I got 10m off them a year ago and it's still as new, only thing is it's a pain to keep it coiled tidy as its stiff and heavy.

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 08:23:48 pm »
Yep, the blue stuff - lasted over a year. I could order online i suppose but get really peed off with the old vat and postage hikes. Would prefer to just pop into Wickes or somewhere and straight back home with the goods. :)
Having said that i might give ebay a quick look cos i've got a voucher to use up.

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 08:28:10 pm »
Yep, the blue stuff - lasted over a year. I could order online i suppose but get really peed off with the old vat and postage hikes. Would prefer to just pop into Wickes or somewhere and straight back home with the goods. :)
Having said that i might give ebay a quick look cos i've got a voucher to use up.
Got mine from Toolstation and I think Screwfix do them if you have one near you.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 08:31:46 pm »
Cleantech do the 1" braided clear hose, I got 10m off them a year ago and it's still as new, only thing is it's a pain to keep it coiled tidy as its stiff and heavy.

Me too 30m. Haven't figured how to keep it tidy  yet.

steve m

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 09:01:07 pm »
go to your local pond shop and get some 1" ID black pipe. costs about £2.20 per metre. I fill two 400ltr tanks in 5 mins

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 10:26:44 pm »

Me too 30m. Haven't figured how to keep it tidy  yet.
I bought 20m and each day I unwrap it and then just fold it up again when finished.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 11:15:29 pm »
I personally wouldn't use anything other than clear hose for running pure water through I use marine reinforced clear hose from Ro to tank then microbore  the other end, try leaving pure water in a garden hose for a while then check the tds I was shocked when mine came out at over 100 and haven't used it since.   
Sussex by the sea

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 11:31:25 pm »
The lay flat I use is emptied after every use, in 10M of this lay flat that I have it contains 12L of water, I'm a scrooge and I fill my backpack up with it.

dave carroll

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 12:54:32 pm »
try 'pumpsuk' its an e-bay shop of a supplyer, just got 30m off them, £40-£50 cant remember exactly, do remember delivery was good.

Dave

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 06:43:37 pm »
Just ordered 30m of ribbed pond hose for about £30 - i probably only need ten metres so will sell some on.