Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

markpowell

weekend work
« on: May 26, 2008, 09:18:59 pm »
I am getting more and more people asking me if i can carry out cleans on a weekend, Do you guys charge a premium for working on weekends or do you charhe your normal rate?
mark

carpet guy

Re: weekend work
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 11:54:27 pm »
You have the advantage of being able to take time off any time you want. Many people work 5 from 7 day rotas and have to work on Saturdays / Sundays. Can't think of any who would get anything like the £50 plus per hour you will get .

So why should you charge more ? Be happy that the work is there!

Amethyst

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 04:13:27 pm »
I agree with carpet guy - I generally don't charge any more for a weekend job as I can take a day off anytime.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 04:19:42 pm »
Do the work when it NEEDS doing ............... easier to clean domestic house when everyone at work/school and easier to do offices at weekends ......... try not to swap them around  :o

mitch2810

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 05:39:49 pm »
My charges are the same whichever day I work. I advertise the fact that I am available 7 days a week and believe that if you do this then you have no rights to charge extra. You would not expect to pay more for your groceries on Sunday if you went into Sainsburys so you should not expect your customers to pay more.however if you advertise a five day service and they specifically ask you to work on the weekend then you have the right to charge a premium.
Phil

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 05:50:44 pm »
Hi Mark

I have always worked on the basis that Saturday is a normal working day and Sunday is not.

So if someone wants me on a Sunday then I will charge more, although It would have to be worthwhile.

Cheers

Doug

carpet_care

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 06:21:01 pm »
I wont work sundays unless its absolutely essential its done then ie , moving into anew house and furniture is getting delivered monday morning etc.

Even then its only for regular customers , work 6 days most the year thats enough for me.

Andy Locke

mark_roberts

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 08:41:39 pm »
I hate working Saturdays for residential as the kids are off and so they get under your feet.  Also my wife is off if I have to spend the day with her, my mates are off if I want to spend the day with them, sport happens on a Saturday if i want to take part or watch it.  Also I find as you get busier you will take a Monday off if your working the Saturday but will usually get a emergency call which goes into the Monday slot.

I do charge extra purely because i dont want to work it (although I dont tell them I charge extra I just give a price).

I never work Sundays.

Mark

stevegunn

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 08:45:22 pm »
Like Mark I charge extra as if they work Monday to Friday and they go in on Saturday they get paid overtime at time and a half so why should I work a Saturday for my normal rate.

Karl Wildey

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 08:57:33 pm »
same charge weekend, unless insurance work/call out, just have a day off during the week instead