Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Truckmounts in winter
« on: May 26, 2008, 05:50:44 pm »
How do you truckmounters cope in the winter.

Do you leave customers doors open when theres driving rain etc ?

Also how do you cope with a dirty hose being dragged through a customers house ?

Is it a case of getting the portable out/ reschedule or do you just muddle through ?

Thanks

Dave

Simon Gerrard

Re: Truckmounts in winter
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 06:14:41 pm »
Dave,
None of it is a problem.
Most of the time you can wedge the door shut onto the hoses so there's only a two inch gap.
You don't drag dirty hoses through the house, if your hoses are dirty, which they never are, you clean them first.

Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 06:18:12 pm »
if there's driving rain coming directly at the front door I'd come in the back door ::)

I don't use dirty hoses.

why would I need use a portable?

I guess you don't use one of these inconvenient T/Ms, could I ask on these driving rain days how do you get the portable from the van into the house I hope you don't drag it across the wet & dirty paths,

and as it such bad weather do you rebook the job? because you can't possibly use a portable in the house with all the doors & windows closed, what about all that damp and germ infested air you are expelling into the customers home :o :o :o.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 06:22:21 pm »
Good insight guys

I didnt mean your hoses were permantly dirty, i know what its like dragging a hose about on damp ground , it picks up dirt.

I dont use any at the moment thats why i am asking.

I window clean and in the winter i get fed up with the weather, just wondered if the winter was as bad for you

Steve Chapman

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 07:56:01 pm »
Dave,

we keep one good hose separate from the reel and only use this inside the customers home, as you are  right dragging the hose up path will inevitably pick up dirt and go onto the carpets, and the customer will notice  :o

Usually if its wet or windy we wedge door shut on the hose or go through another opening like a window or cat flap,

Its still much easier than getting a porty out on a wet day and dragging it inside  ;)

regards
steve

Dave_Lee

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 08:08:08 pm »
If the hoses get wet and dirty, they get wiped down as they are reeled in. At the job I coil the first 50ft into my arms and carry it to the door, so its not in contact with the ground. A small strip of canvass at and covering a couple of feet of carpet inside the door catches any rain that may enter through the 2" gap.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Mark Lane-Matthews

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 08:23:38 pm »
Alltec do a door jar for gaps which i use when necessary,and keeping hoses clean is not to much of a problem.
                                     mark

Karl Wildey

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 10:35:54 pm »
before you buy a truckmount you will have a thousand questions like this, once you get the TM you realise that they either never happen, can be avoided, or if they happen, they ain't as bad as you thought.