Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Window cleaning v carpet cleaning
« on: May 26, 2008, 12:52:19 pm »
Some of you know I am the worlds best window cleaner  ;D

What i would like to know is who earns the most Carpet cleaner or window cleaners.

I am on about after being established after about 5 years taking the weather into account etc.

Also does the weather play a part in your business, is it harder going in cold damp weather ?

i am seriously considering a carreer change, had enough 10 years window cleaning

D woods

Re: Window cleaning v carpet cleaning
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 01:01:14 pm »
Hi Dave
If you want to be a one man band then carpet cleaning will earn you the most per hour, plus its easier work than window cleaning.

If you want to build a business with employees doing the work, then window cleaning wins hands down. For the simple reason that nearly all window cleaning jobs are monthly, two monthly etc.  And carpet cleaning jobs are as
and when.

Darren O

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 01:26:39 pm »
This will be my fourth year in carpet cleaning and this year i will be making more on the carpets than i will be doing on the windows and ive been doing window cleaning for 19 years.The only thing with carpet cleaning is the overheads  advertising, machines, ect but the money you can make is a lot better and easier but i would say it would take you about 3 years to get established.I find that they both work well together but i would never give up my window cleaning because the money is gauranteed.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 08:36:19 pm »
7 years carpet cleaning
5 years window cleaning

Window cleaning good regular income @ £30/hour ave
Carpet cleaning not regular, lot of driving between jobs and don't believe some of the rubbish on this site about doing 5 jobs a day, 5 days a week and fully booked up for the next 6 weeks. But the jobs are charged upwards of £45/hour. Today I did a flood charged out at £60/hour and 8 man hours went into it. These are very rare not the norm. Outlay on cc-ing a lot more than wc-ing.
As for the weather, sunshine makes the phone ring more.

My advice: Keep the window cleaning and use it as a data base for potential carpet cleaning clients.

Moderator David@stives

Re: Window cleaning v carpet cleaning New
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 08:50:01 pm »
Thanks guys

One more question.

Which is more enjoyable ?

Do you get that horrible grind in your stomach on a cold wet morning when you have got to much work on ?

I honestly think window cleaning is making me depressed.

I am now in  a position i would of never have dreamed of money wise, but now i have arrived where i wanted to be, full work load , good prices, its not all its cracked up to be, in fact its horrible., no time to breath.

I am making a start and selling off my domestic work to free up some time

There is a saying be careful what you wish for it might come true.

For the last 10 years i have set target after target, but now i have achieved the latest one the thrill of the chase has gone. Maybe I need staff again

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 09:04:08 pm »
Have it both,variety spice of life and all that.
I get fed up with window cleaning if I do 3 solid weeks of it, one window is not a lot different to any other. It's just a piece of glass with a few varients on how you do it.
Never do you get 2 carpet cleans the same but there are times when I do a job that I can see no  point in doing eg a carpet so clean you know it won't look any different when youfinish and those that are so trashed you know should be burnt not cleaned.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 08:22:46 am »
Dave

Speak to Lionheart Ian Rochester he combines both very successflly

The Worlds Fastest Window Cleaner its early I forgotten his name but he was a Legend  posts or used to post on here from time to time  found it tough

But others have used their Window Cleaning experience and gone from stength to strength
Colin Bright posts on here I think he was a Window Cleaner
You have somthing a lot do not have Cash flow to promote Carpet Cleaning

Its  free get yourself on a Discovery Day at Alltec, Its a free Marketing Course

This will give you an overview ,

If you have a spare 6000 grand  you could do Fastrack plus equipmentment Marketing etc  you could be on your way to becoming a Carpet Cleaning  Millionare
Better say its a complete Training programme for you and your staff.
Bear in mind you do not pay it out all at once
all costs can be spread.