Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Day off? Umm No
« on: May 26, 2008, 08:16:22 pm »
Just love the Bank holidays.
Change to have a lay in and catch up on some sleep.
Chance to do those little jobs on vehicles that have been waiting weeks.
A chance to do those little jobs in the house that have been waiting months.

A chance for the phone ring at 8.15 am with
can you help please, we have had a flood in the main banquetting suite, there's a high profile wedding in there this afternoon oh and Warner Brothers have the whole complex for all of next week. It's about 100 sq/m and we can't get hold of the carpet cleaner who is on our books.

Urgent phonecall to one of the guys with extra work on offer and we're off with 2 machines in the van.
Explained to the manager how this should be done but there was no time for drying both sides, the underlay, dehumidifiers etc. Just do what you can before the wedding.

The carpet was a nice soggie pink which had been laid in 2 foot wide strips. When we arrived the carpet has pulled off the grippers, 4 hours later and it was a good 4 inches from the wall. A carpet fitter duely turned up and after 5 minutes trying realised it was futile hoping it could restretch that much without undoing the joints between sections. He went away and came back 1 hour later with strips of wood to hide the gaps!
4 hours later we'd done all we could reasonably have done although it was explained that with lots of traffic over the carpet there was a good chance that water would still be drawn to the surface. I reckon we must have drawn up some 800L of water.
All in all a good day with a large invoice to be paid, a very happy hotel complex manager and a good chance to get into a place we've been trying to for years.

spencer davies

Re: Day off? Umm No
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 09:03:01 pm »
I had the same, a regular customer (large retirement complex) old man had thrown up over carpet and suite,  :-\    Half an hour later, private hospital called, a customer had dropped a bag of blood......mmm

Jumped in the shower when I returned home.

Regards

S

*paul_moss

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 10:18:32 pm »
You guys do get the nice stuff
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 08:48:25 pm »
I’ve been there, even had a demand to get back to the UK money no object (have you ever tried to cancel your holiday and get a flight back)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)