Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WavieDavie

Webspace for flyers?
« on: September 14, 2004, 02:58:46 am »
Well, at present there are three threads all to do with requests for flyers.

Does anyone who has some spare webspace care to donate some for a good cause? To save the folk who have flyers having to mail samples off to all those who request one, how about they could post just one off to a permanent web address which could form a "gallery" for the different types of flyers?

People could use this to give them ideas on how to produce their own, they could mix 'n' match various ideas, or if the authors don't mind, just put in their own details to a template.

Plus, people could post results on how a certain design worked - how many replies were converted into customers - and as a result of trial and error, find the "perfect flyer" if such a thing exists!

Just a thought, and before anyone asks, no I don't know how to set it up, or I would have!

Any volunteers?
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

pjulk

Re: Webspace for flyers?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 03:35:12 am »
Davie

I have some spare webspace but only about 4 gigs
I not sure how many gigs it will use up

You could always open up one of those yahoo groups and i know you can upload files to that for members

Paul

replacement

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 11:15:29 am »
http://i.us/index3.php

Is a free site to upload any pictures too ie Flyers.Thanks to Vince for the Link.

Justin

tinribz

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 12:31:39 pm »
I have plenty webspace available.  Send me your scanned flyer (martyn@croftc.co.uk) and I'll optimise it and upload for you.  Won't take long and no charge.  I send you a link a which you can e-mail out to clients etc.  

Same goes for anyone else (provided I don't get inundated or somebody some day want's more and decides to pay for a website!).

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 11:27:02 pm »
my advice to anyone starting a window cleaning business is forget using flyers.the best way to build up a window cleaning business is to go knocking on doors and ask for their business  

replacement

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 12:28:01 am »
Totally disagree. If people want the service they call, door knocking takes ages and gets ya down.

Flyers and adverts all the time.

Justin

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 12:34:57 am »
sorry justin i will say again its the best way to build up a window cleaning business believe me i know ive done  it

WavieDavie

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 01:05:01 am »
tinribz  
I have plenty webspace available.  

Hi tinribz,
Thanks for that, and please don't take this the wrong way, but we haven't even been introduced yet! Check out the welcome message on either of the window cleaning boards, fill in your profile, signature, etc. Are you a web designer who also cleans windows, or do you check out this site because you've designed a site for a window cleaner? Tell us a bit more about you so you're not a stranger!

Justin  
http://i.us/index3.php
Is a free site to upload any pictures too ie Flyers.Thanks to Vince for the Link.

Thanks to you too, Justin. I dabbled a bit on that site and found a "20 credit" section, but couldn't find the free option, or maybe that WAS the free section. It didn't seem to like what I was trying to upload and I decided it wasn't for me at present.

Paul
You could always open up one of those yahoo groups and i know you can upload files to that for members

I did just that, Paul - thanks for the advice! Being a bit of a technophobe, it might not be 100% yet, but it'll get there eventually. To be honest, I'm not all that enthralled about their message board layout, but beggars can't be choosers, as they say.

Anyone wishing to upload flyers can do so from the following details:-
Homepage : http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/freeflyersgallery/

Post message: freeflyersgallery@yahoogroups.com

Subscribe: freeflyersgallery-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Unsubscribe: freeflyersgallery-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

I don't use flyers at present, so in the interests of not having a bare site, I've posted a copy of the backs of the cards we leave with our customers when we clean their windows. Hopefully you'll find them fairly self-explanatory - whoever cleans that customer's windows initials the top right corner. If the customer pays when we're there, the card acts as a receipt. If they're out, it reminds them of how much they owe us.

All the best, and enjoy!

You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park

pjulk

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 01:39:48 am »
Davie
I just uploaded a flyer i made to that group

Paul

poleman

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 12:23:55 am »
Hi Davie,

is ok to upload photo's IE: WINDOW CLEANING

Andy

WavieDavie

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 11:47:06 am »
No problem there, Andy.

Photos/jpegs of anything - flyers, awkward job, your lovely new van, etc - go under photos, and files - MS Publisher or Word documents, for example - would go under files!

Make a new "album" in each/either and give it your name, so anyone using your material will know who to thank. You should also give the album a description, so folk will know what's in it. Just have a general rake about the site so far and it should fall into place.

It's just a shame that YaBB doesn't seem to have the facility to do this.

Davie Park

poleman

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004, 04:54:41 pm »
many thanks, why know one has done before, would be good to host photo, when posting on here ;)

Andy

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2004, 12:14:41 pm »
Hi Guys

We're in the process of upgrading the forum which will include the ability to upload photo's. In the meantime, please feel free to email me the flyers mike@expresscleaningsupplies.co.uk and I'll add them here for you.

Regards

Mike

WavieDavie

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2004, 07:24:53 pm »
Oh Dear, my little baby's been made redundant!  :'(

Davie Park

dave0123

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2004, 10:38:00 pm »
Hi

i have my own web server i can give you some space to upload pic's to np you would need an ftp programe such as bullet proof ftp to upload them as normall websites you do. pm me if your intrested.

thanks dave
Dave.

WavieDavie

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2004, 12:27:34 am »
Hi Dave,

Thank you for another very kind offer of help, but it appears that there will be the facility to upload documents when Cleanitup's upgrade happens, so I'm happy to suspend FreeFlyersGallery in anticipation of better things to come.

All the best, and thanks again.

Davie Park

dave0123

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2004, 01:24:33 am »
ok not  a problem i was just going to give you some free space. if u ever need soem space for somethink please do contact me even for a website to be hosted which i will be using this for mine as well. anyway no problem

Dave
Dave.

WavieDavie

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2004, 01:04:59 am »
Thanks Dave, I'll keep your offer in mind.

A website for the business, and for an organisation I'm in, is on my list of things to do - has been for a while, in fact.

One day . . .

As my silver-haired old granny used to say, why prevaricate today when you can put it off till tomorrow!

Davie Park

dave0123

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2004, 04:53:54 am »
hahaha ok not a problem i am currently building my website then will be uploading to some space on my server when i get round to it iv only do one or two pages lol busy getting work :) ;).  ;) if there is anyone else out there who is thinking of setting up a website for there company give me a shout i can host it for you no problems at all.

Thanks Dave M
Dave.

cleanandmean

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2005, 09:58:37 pm »
Hi all, just uploaded my bits and bobs to the yahoo group thingy majiggy, where can you upload flyers etc on cleanitup?