Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Beating them off with a stick!
« on: April 28, 2008, 08:36:24 pm »

Not boasting, but to encourage you all to realise there is still work to be had out there...

This last few days it's gone crazy! Due to no effort whatsover on my part I've picked up three new custy's today, two last Friday, one last Tuesday and three the previous week.

All adding up to £63 on a monthly basis and £45 on a two-monthly = £108.

As they were all first cleans I charged a total of £137 for the first time.

Oh, and one of my commercial's said "you need a new order number to invoice against for this financial year and I've (the customer) added a bit on due to fuel costs!"

I think this last month has been the best ever for unsolicited calls.

And the weather forecast was poor and I managed to work all day!

;D Obviously the sun shines not on just the righteous but the unrighteous too! ;D

It's a game of three halves!

TVCS

Re: Beating them off with a stick!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 10:56:45 pm »
April has been good for us too.   With no advertising or canvassing at the moment other than a sign written van,  we have picked up about 10 new jobs this month.  Ranging from £20 up to £55.  ( I have finally learnt how to price acurately).  Got some more quotes to do next week too.  A firm from about 40 miles away had a huge canvassing mission where I am based.  They got some work, did the first cleans but have not returned.  We have picked up some of their work now.  Nice of them to do the first cleans for us ;)   

Plus a local caravan park wants us to be their caravan (tourers) cleaners.    Did one the other day, took about 30 mins with poles and some GG3 in a bucket.  The park owner was chuffed to bits.   From green to gleaming.  Charged £25.  Between now and mid summer she wants the other 200 cleaning up.  She pays us and then charges the customers on her park.  So she makes a little on top.    A very good wet weather job for us at the moment. 

So at the moment we are smiling again.

Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 07:19:03 am »
It the time of year. Always happens like that in April, then they cancel you again in November.

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 07:51:25 am »
i am always amazed how many new window cleaners appear this month and about how fast they vanish too

Sanity

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 08:32:23 am »
That is what I tell my customers.  They say how many wc'ers they have seen, I ask them where were they all over the winter?  I reasure them that I am here 365 days a year, not just through the summer.

Oh, and I am getting a steady 3 or 4 enquiries a day, and getting maybe 5 new customers a week.

LWC

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 03:51:44 am »
That is what I tell my customers.  They say how many wc'ers they have seen, I ask them where were they all over the winter?  I reasure them that I am here 365 days a year, not just through the summer.

Oh, and I am getting a steady 3 or 4 enquiries a day, and getting maybe 5 new customers a week.

same here, when they see you going to a house again and again they know your here for good

im forever picking up work, that i probably cant handle all, but i never say no  ;D

currently putting all my old prices up so if they drop i dont mind