Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dan Williams

Dry cleaning curtains spot and stain removal
« on: April 27, 2008, 05:07:26 pm »
What are the best spot and stain removal chemical for dry curtain cleaning, I know you get alot of fly poop on curtains can this be removed. Curtain fabrics seem alot finer than upholstery fabrics to spot clean if you know what I mean:)?

Any knowledge would be appreciated:)

Dan

lands

Re: Dry cleaning curtains spot and stain removal
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 06:04:51 pm »
Dan

I find pre-spray gold works well. May not remove spots though. Even on a dry clean fabric it's fine on most if you just mist it on. The same would apply for any of the M/Ss out there

Pete

Dan Williams

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 08:41:59 pm »
cheers Pete

What do you do with spots and marks? it is like any marks of dirt etc are cured in by the sun, any ideas what the dry cleaning people use ???

Dan

*paul_moss

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 10:33:53 pm »
Dan get a deal going with local dry cleaners and drop them off there, pick em back up and add your mark up :D, less hassell
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 10:59:54 pm »
That's what I do ;D

Shaun

Dan Williams

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 11:21:51 pm »
Hello Paul

I would do that but have you seen some of the curtains that people have got if you take them down you can not put them back up:( besides I just bought a dry cleaner. Maybe a should of not:(

john rees

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 07:28:14 am »
Hi Dan,
           I use my dry cleaning machine for curtains at least once a week, it brings in a lot of work where people want the curtains done the same time as carpets or upholstery, the best spotter I've found is chemspec heavy duty soil lifter(but used undiluted). the only time I will use a water based spotter is when I've blocked the material first, otherwise you will get water marking.

All the best
                                    John
john