Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

help please or im dead
« on: April 27, 2008, 08:58:38 pm »
can anyone tell me the best way to get a oil stain out of a carpet ive only just done it so its still fresh and wet please or the wife will have me lol
where theres muck theres money

Dan Williams

Re: help please or im dead
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 09:01:39 pm »
HWE nice and hot, finish it off by spraying a bit of solvent on it then HWE again

Good luck

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 09:09:32 pm »
can you tell me what hwe means as i aint got a clue with cleaning carpets and what solvent should i spray it with

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 09:14:18 pm »
HWE=Hot Water Extraction
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 09:16:23 pm »
dab it  with toilet roll until you get no more oil transferring onto the roll, then get some wd40 put it on a cloth then start dabbing again keep going until its out.

then get some washing powder(weak dilution ), dab again until you've got out  any wd40 you left on the carpet.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Roper

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 09:17:07 pm »
Just get in touch with a good local carpet cleaner , you will probably be able to help each other out workwise through recommendations.
Mike

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 09:18:45 pm »
right now is there a simple way ive got till 10pm before the wife gets in from work to remove this oil stain i dont have any fancy carpet cleaning stuff would i get away with just soap & water or soap powder just need to do a quick clean up job .

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 09:21:33 pm »
dab it  with toilet roll until you get no more oil transferring onto the roll, then get some wd40 put it on a cloth then start dabbing again keep going until its out.

then get some washing powder(weak dilution ), dab again until you've got out  any wd40 you left on the carpet.
cheers mike ive got wd 40 so will give it ago thanks for the other advice guys i may still be alive in a bit lol

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 09:22:32 pm »
Dont spray the wd40 onto the carpet put it on a terry towel, you dont want to get wd40 into the backing
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

*paul_moss

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 10:31:08 pm »
Dave Mikes post is good help, After the wd wash out with soapy water ( light concentrated washing up liquid will do) after all the oil has been sponged out do the same process with warm fresh water to rinse.
If in the morning if there is  some residue le the a bi of white spirit on a cloth and dab it out.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

mark_roberts

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 10:39:52 pm »
It could be a lot worst for you if in your attempt to clean you damage the carpet.  Come clean and pay a pro to do it asap.

Water and soap will not remove oil based stains hence the recommendation of WD40.  Be careful with this too.

Mark

Joe H

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 07:17:18 am »
His wife was due in at 10pm.

He was worried he may not be alive when she gets back.

No post from him yet  :o

Anyone read anything in the news about him  :D

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 07:50:40 am »
thanks guys i did manage to remove this stain with wd 40 and some warm soapy water , so i live another day it will teach me to take my boots off .