Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ken Wainwright

NCCA Carpet Cleaners Workshop: Telford
« on: February 11, 2008, 06:07:45 pm »
Carpet Cleaners Workshop: Telford

Following on from the success of the hands-on workshops for low moisture and upholstery cleaning in 2006 and 2007, we have organised a new technical event for 2008. The next NCCA Carpet Cleaners Workshop will be held in Telford, Shropshire on Thursday April 24th.

When we organize these workshop events, we usually have items to be cleaned that are in good condition and don’t present much in the way of a technical challenge. This NCCA Workshop will be very different.

The main focus for the day will be the cleaning of problem carpets. NCCA Members Ray & Jackie Austin have arranged with one of their customers for us to clean a ballroom carpet. This red axminster carpet bleeds dye. Our challenge will be to successfully clean it in various ways without the red dye migrating into another colour!

As these commercial premises also have a significant amount of upholstery, we will also repeat much of last Spring’s NCCA Upholstery CleaningWorkshop. We can demonstrate low moisture techniques which can be successfully used to not only maintain clean upholstery, but can also be used as problem solvers both as stand alone procedures or, as is often the case, in combination with other cleaning systems such as Rinse/Extraction.

After presentations by NCCA Associates Amtech UK and Chemspec Europe, all delegates will be invited to put into practice the new skills they have learnt during the day.

The venue is Hadley United Services & Village Club, High Street, Hadley, Telford, TF1 5PB.   The cost for the event, which includes a buffet lunch, tea and coffee, is £35.00 for NCCA Members and £45.00 for non-members (inc. V.A.T.) To reserve your place, contact the NCCA Office on 0116 271 9550.  Numbers are limited so early booking is advised.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken Wainwright M677

Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

*paul_moss

Re: NCCA Carpet Cleaners Workshop: Telford
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 07:04:20 pm »
Ken make sure Derek takes his Algodon swatch's  :)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 11:31:45 am »
I'll try Paul, but the old b*gger is having trouble trying to remember whether he should put on his dirty old wellies in the morning or his clean shoes :-[  Ahhh, bless ::)

Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 02:14:45 am »
Lot going on in April will any workget done ??? ???

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 07:22:13 am »
Yep, I am cancelling all visits to shows etc, hiring a helicoptor, fly around the country picking up all the jobs.
Good job I have a portable  :D   I knew there was an advantage somewhere.

Ray

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 07:30:31 pm »
We will be hopefully bringing a sample of carpet that was protected by one of the main retailers but it then buckled in all direction they were unable to strech it out.

We protected the replacement tonight with no problem.

It surposealey has a new way of fixing the secondary backing with the use a granules that are then heated which melt them so fixing the backing.

What it may do when it is cleaned no one knows.

Ray

When we tried to correct the typing it just went into overtype mode.

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 07:54:47 pm »
is it me or does it seem like all the NCCA events are usually in the midlands or further north?

des

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 08:00:00 pm »
Steve what i think you ment to say was Any chance of a workshop down south ish way   ::)
des at mister clean

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 08:05:01 pm »
Great idea Des!  ;)

lands

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 10:02:13 pm »
Seems you and me are local Steve. My mother in law lives at Manston Court whose garden backs onto Preston park and she keeps telling me she sees/hears you working and wonders why I'm not doing it. Keep telling her that you probably know what your doing and that custy is happy with your work.

Woulod like to catch up at some point if you like.

Pete

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 11:00:17 am »
Steve

The Workshop and Technical Roadshow series of events were usually run as pilot events in the area that I live. Makes sense really. But there have been events all around the country. Perhaps you've forgotten?

I've organised events in the past in Axminster, Kidderminster, Buckfastleigh, Preston, Wolverhampton (with the help of a non-member) Ulster and Kent as well as Bromsgrove (where I live). And Peter Collins organised an event last year at the National Flood School which is somewhere in the South East (please forgive me not knowing which county)

NCCA Members are encouraged to contribute and source suitable venues where we can run a workshop. The forthcoming event in Telford is just one such example which has been arranged with the help of NCCA Members Ray and Jackie Austin.

Don't be shy or reserved, think about your own commercial customers and whether they would be willing to provide their facilities for one of our events (typically sports/social clubs). If any other NCCA Members have venues in mind in their area which could be suitable for a Workshop, please contact the NCCA Office with details.

So no Steve, the NCCA events are not "usually in the Midlands or further north"

At present, I am in the early exploratory stages of organising a very different type of NCCA Workshop in Buckinghamshire.

Ken

Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi

Dave Roelants

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 07:26:45 pm »
Ken, looking forward to seeing you there, should I come in the van (will I Need it as it's hands on) or the car?
Best Regards, Dave,
Lakeland Carpet Cleaning, 1st in the UK with 4 to the door!

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 07:41:44 pm »
The car will be fine Dave. For the Workshop element, everything required will be supplied.

Look forward to meeting up again.

Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 08:09:36 pm »
It looks like being a good turnout next Thursday. Chemspec Europe and Amtech UK will be present to pass on their wisdom.

NCCA Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Workshop
Telford 24th April 2008
AGENDA

09.00 Arrival & Welcome

09.30 Inspecting and testing: NCCA Derek Bolton

10.00 Dry Extraction and pre-cleaning treatments: Chemspec Europe

10.30 Detergent free cleaning by Rinse/Extraction: Amtech UK

11.00 Tea/Coffee break

11.30 Using the right detergent: Chemspec Europe

12.00 Upholstery Dry Foam/Oxydising and in combination with Rinse/Extraction: NCCA

12.30 Maintaining light use upholstery (spray & towel method): Amtech UK

13.00 Lunch

14.00 Low Moisture Systems: Chemspec Europe

14.30 Correcting colour change on pH sensitive upholstery dyes: NCCA

15.00 Delegates will be encouraged to practice the demonstrated skills at various workstations about the venue.

16.30 End

'Till next Thursday

Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi

liahona

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 10:22:48 pm »
Just wondered how it went yesterday. Hope it went well,

best Dave.

MICHAEL_GAYTON

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 07:20:46 am »
it was a good day!
ULTRA 4 CLUB
four systems one operator

Ray

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 08:57:45 pm »
A good day was had by the 40 who attended and listened to Derek and Ken share their wisdom with us.

I enjoyed the day and added to my knowledge.

Also in attendance was Chemspec with Julie Roberts who demonstrated a trigger sprayers. It had 2 compartments water was added to one and the cleaning solutions to the other bottle it then mixed these together. It was also adjustable.

Their were NCCA members from all over the England and Wales from the south coast to Cumbria.

This was the first time that we took part in organising one of these events. If any members of the NCCA would like to have a go at doing the same talk to Ken or the office in Leicester.

Ray & Jackie

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 11:23:35 am »
After speaking to others, it would appear that it was a "Bleeding" good day (pun intended).

Ray and Jackie Austin did us proud with a superb venue and perhaps the best catering we've had at any of these events! Thank you Ray and Jackie, or should I get my priorities right and say Jackie and Ray

I don't know if other delegates have yet looked through their goodie bag from Chemspec, but there's some good, new, printouts about their Green/Eco friendly products which could prove very useful in marketing for your own business'.  The toffees though, really stick to your teeth!

I also announced the next Roadshow which will be in July. The details are, at the moment, priviledged to those who attended. To find out more, you'll need to wait for the next edition of the NCCA's Newslink. Judging by the feedback with people wanting to book there and then, the demand is going to outstrip available places, so it will be wise to reserve your place early. It'll be first come, first served. We'll be heading south down the M1 for this.

Safe and happy cleaning
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi