Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 07:34:51 pm »
Stuart the way vac motors are set up compared to a vac blower then the TM will out suck a porti anytime, the reason most Scorpion owners think that it as  powerful as a smaller TM is because they have just upgraded from a smaller machine, the figures can be hype the proof is when you start to clean.

My Boxxer has 400cfm airflow the same as a Scorpion but I know that when the wand hits the carpet that it will out suck the scorpion hands down, the figures are only good when the wand hits the carpet, the reduction (as I've been told independantly) for a porti will be that it reduces to about 50cfm where a TM to 100cfm (without modifications) although they may add more vac motors there is only so much a vac motor can do with so much current going through it, that's why engines were and blowers were introduced.

Shaun

stevegunn

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 08:16:18 pm »
Prowler has come down in price  £5,495.00 8)

davep

stevegunn

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 08:34:24 pm »
I think that may be for the 12-13 hp version's.  15 is a bit more?

The 13hp one was £5995.00 now has £500 off

richie

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 08:41:44 pm »
Both the HM Spitfire & the Prowler have good feedback so i cannot & would not knock either.  I have had first hand experience with a Spitfire & know others that have had them.  I loved my Spitfire and if anyone asked my opinion regarding it i would say.....GET ONE.
If your budget will stretch further then get something with more power as most operators that by a entry level tend to buy something bigger within the first 2 or 3 years.  The HM Boxxer 318 sounds a good machine and the HM Boxxer 321 is a popular TM.

The HM Spitfire is a more proven machine that for sure.  Its running costs are very low, good performance, very easy to service (Certainly in the West Midlands area there are more companies that carry B&S parts than Honda.  I service TMs with B&S & Honda engines,  the B&S engines tend to be slightly cheaper to service.  After speaking with several companies that supply both B&S engines & Honda it is my understaning that the B&S are more reliable. Reliabilty of the Spitfire is awesome.  Its has a small footprint so takes up little room in the van.  

Richie.

richie

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 08:54:03 pm »
As Shaun has just said,  vac motors dont cope as well as a vac blower under load.  A vac blower can easily go over 10,000 hours.  You will not get this out of a vac motor. 

SCORPION/PROWLER/SPITFIRE 3.2

The Scorpion is a high performance electric powered extractor that can be used on or off the van.  The Prowler is petrol driven extractor that can be used on or off the van.  If you really want a extractor that you can use on & off the van i would go for the Prowler as it is the more powerful plus it has HEAT & HIGH WATER FLOW RATE where the Scorpion has neither.  If you want a extractor that you intend on working from the van only then the Spitfire is the way to go.

Richie.

stuart_clark

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 11:30:53 pm »
Does anyone know if the 15hp prowler produce more cfm than its little brother and if so what is it ?
Stuart

Mr Dvae

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 08:07:15 am »
 :Dguys you're missing one thing, when u ugrade your machine its to make life easier not hard work
Don't forget
1 your hernia, if you dont have one now you could in the futer
2 your back  cut down on heavy lifting
3 your safety anything of weight must be properly secured in your van or you could use your mind!