Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronnie paton

wfp how good is it??
« on: April 24, 2008, 06:06:00 pm »
iv been WFPing 3 years now but recently been doing som 4 and 5 level buildings.

I know first cleans can take long but iv been cleaning some of the windows 3 and 4 times with it taking an age without getting great results i feel like the brush dosent have enough umth to remove the dirt from the windows properly(if you know what i mean!)

Was doing one today and even 3ed level windows were poor they were filthy to start but after cleaning them 3 times when dried i could see lines of dirt still were the brush doesnt seem to put enough pressure on the glas.

any help and advice is appreciated!!

Re: wfp how good is it??
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 06:10:07 pm »

I know first cleans can take long but iv been cleaning some of the windows 3 and 4 times with it taking an age without getting great results i feel like the brush dosent have enough umth to remove the dirt from the windows properly(if you know what i mean!)

Was doing one today and even 3ed level windows were poor they were filthy to start but after cleaning them 3 times when dried i could see lines of dirt still were the brush doesnt seem to put enough pressure on the glas.

what brush are you using m8

ronnie paton

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 06:12:37 pm »
i jave a big vikan commercial brush on my 46footer but i have avikan mono brush(i thinks thats what there called) on the one i use for 3 level

marc

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 06:13:38 pm »
it rocks my world long live wfp

cat9921

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 06:48:08 pm »

3 years and still having problems  :o

PM me mat and will give you a call, Will have to be tomorrow

Glyn

NWH

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 06:52:40 pm »
Vikan mono brush is rubbish,i would bin it.Try a 12" tucker and then have a look.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 06:59:41 pm »
Vikan mono brush is rubbish,i would bin it.Try a 12" tucker and then have a look.
what colour is the vikan mono ?

NWH

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 07:23:48 pm »
Red bristles,if they designed it with WC in mind they didn`t do much research.A good brush must have some splay and that brush has zilch in that department,all i found it done was bounce over the glass and make more of a mess than  before i started.

Simon_King

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 07:37:54 pm »
Red bristles,if they designed it with WC in mind they didn`t do much research.A good brush must have some splay and that brush has zilch in that department,all i found it done was bounce over the glass and make more of a mess than  before i started.

Funny ....I really like them.Takes all sorts!

dd

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 07:44:00 pm »
I find the tucker brush is very good, only use it upto 3 storeys but seems to work well.

Also the type of pole will have a bearing on how much control you have at the brush head. Again I find the tucker pole very good in this area, but I only use it on largish jobs.

I am sure there are other good poles but think the issue involves both pole and brush.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 07:56:23 pm »
Ronnie: Sometimes you need a good scrub with some powerful detergent to get through the ingrained muck.

Try squirting some detergent direct onto a wet brush, or dip your brush in a bucket of strong detergent solution then scrub the glass as best you can.  Let it soak for a while, then clean as normal, giving it a good rinse.

While doing the detergent scrub, don't have any water flowing, or at least only enough to get a good foam on the glass.  Afterwards it's vitally important to give it a thorough rinse to wash away any detergent.

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 08:11:57 pm »

Funny ....I really like them.Takes all sorts!
I use this myself, I have only tried one other brush, but went back to the vikan as it does it's good, bird much is a pain in the back side, but bang brush lite on glass and gets it off quicker.

ronnie paton

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 08:45:56 pm »
quote]

Ian i do thids sometimes but when its over 2nd level it would take for ever i was doing a 5 storey building and it took 11 hours nearly couldnt of beared to betheer any longer :)

maybe i need to change the brush does the tucker fit all poles??

i think get fans for high level may help beacuse its hard to rinse and if i could leave the brush on theglass my neck would love me ;D
dont get many problems but yes still some but maily high level has im still very new to this give me your number and ill ring tommorrow if my brain still functions

cat9921

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 10:25:06 pm »
ronnie

No need to phone, Ian Lancaster has said what I was going to say

All the best  ;)

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 12:17:19 am »

Couldn't have put it better. Get a hot WFP system for working faster on heavily soiled windows for best results.