Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jaykie

Anyone recieved gardiners brush
« on: April 23, 2008, 12:35:59 pm »
I pre ordered mine and i believe they recieved them Yesterdayso hoping to recieve mine today.

Chris

TDW

Re: Anyone recieved gardiners brush
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 01:49:18 pm »
They've recalled them. I doubt you'll be getting it. Dodgy bristles.

jaykie

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 01:54:57 pm »
No way how many more things could go wrong.

Chris

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 03:12:12 pm »
We took delivery yesterday of the batch of brushes, only to discover upon closer examination today that they had switched bristle types in the factory when compared to the original sample signed off on.

Whilst they would have cleaned windows OK (as one user has already found out on another post!) I was not happy with them, as I wanted these to be the best, not just OK.

Hence the recall. Fortunately it was spotted before two batches were sent to the US and Russia.

tompoole

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 03:59:35 pm »
hi

what brushes are we talking about here?
tom

jaykie

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 06:33:31 pm »
Cheers alex, tried ringing as waiting on other bits but ill try again tomorrow.

Chris

RobE

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 10:59:27 pm »
Alex,
 have only just seen the posts about the new brush.  Do we just need to post them back?

Rob

jaykie

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 11:09:07 pm »
I placed order on Monday for a few bits and i ordered brush over week ago, ill see if it all turns up tomorrow or wonder if its minus brush.

Chris

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 07:44:26 am »
Alex,
 have only just seen the posts about the new brush.  Do we just need to post them back?

Rob

You have mail.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 07:45:54 am »
I placed order on Monday for a few bits and i ordered brush over week ago, ill see if it all turns up tomorrow or wonder if its minus brush.

Chris

Hi jaykie

As I do not know who you are unfortunately I cannot inform you as to the progress of your order.  If you email me on alex@agardiner.co.uk with your order query, I can follow this through.

jaykie

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 09:14:49 am »
Alex you have mail

Chris

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 09:34:33 am »
Feel gutted for you Alex, after all your hard effort. I think a good telling off is what will swing it with the manufacturers!!!! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 12:18:49 pm »
i assume they are made in china then , i used to work in the mobility industry and most of the oap scooters come from china , the chinese are notorious for agreeing to supply a product and when it finaly arrives they,ve changed the spec to something cheaper , even when you employ a chinese speaking middle man they try and have you over regards alan

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 09:46:32 pm »
i assume they are made in china then , i used to work in the mobility industry and most of the oap scooters come from china , the chinese are notorious for agreeing to supply a product and when it finaly arrives they,ve changed the spec to something cheaper , even when you employ a chinese speaking middle man they try and have you over regards alan

I had previously given up trying to deal with China after 6 months of fruitless effort.

This was from a UK company!! They had produced very good samples (which I have been using for about a year now), but for a reason that I have still not managed to prise from them, then decided to supply them in bulk with the wrong bristles. They looked right until I tried to use them and they were in my opinion not up to the job. They would have been perfect for just high level work 55ft+ as they had amazing splay with minimal pressure. However for the average user they were not what I wanted.

Needless to say the whole shipment is going back to them and a refund will be demanded. I am busy sorting out the correct brush, but this will still have a 5/6 week lead time.

TDW

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 10:00:42 pm »
Alex

Just out of interest are they actually admitting not supplying the correct bristles or are they disputing that they were the ones you requested?
Tim

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 10:05:02 pm »
Alex

Just out of interest are they actually admitting not supplying the correct bristles or are they disputing that they were the ones you requested?
Tim

They admit that they are not the same bristles but they reckon (in their expert role as window cleaners, not) that these are better bristles.  I have informed them they are in breach of contract and we will see what transpires.

jaykie

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 10:08:06 pm »
whats the point in designing it if there going to bring there own ideas to it without consent.

Chris

jaykie

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 11:02:15 am »
Ive recieved it and sending it straight back, i can see why gardiners are not vhappy.

Chris

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 11:26:15 am »
Alex

Tim

They admit that they are not the same bristles but they reckon (in their expert role as window cleaners, not) that these are better bristles.  I have informed them they are in breach of contract and we will see what transpires.

They are probably making money from putting cheaper bristles on there.