Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

carpet guy

Big pump / Big vac motor ?
« on: April 13, 2008, 09:06:38 am »
Does no one supply BIG vacuum motors which would be suitable for c/c machines, surely a powerful single vacuum motor would be a better option than the current multi vac options, when married up to a 500 psi pump.

Just a Sunday morning thought, while looking out on the clear blue sky and generally dreaming!!!!

rob

Ken Wainwright

Re: Big pump / Big vac motor ?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 10:22:02 am »
Hi Rob

This is a gut feeling from experience rather than knowledge of the technicalities of the issue.

As can be seen from the basic versions of Amtek's 3 stage vacs, there are 2 options. The 5.7" high rpm speed or the lower rpm 7.2"  If the 7.2" were made higher rpm to give a greater performance, it would disintegrate from centiftugal forces. In the early days of series mounted vacs, reliability was an issue so the use of the 5.7" became the norm.

IMO, to develop these types of vacuum motors to develop more performance, although feasible, would not be cost effective.

The only other option for a portable would be to go the Bane-Clene route and have a small blower. But the weight and cost is normally prohibitive.  The Bane, although a truck based electric, does have the facility to remove and take indoors. This would only be viable inthe  likes of The Empire State Building.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 02:18:42 pm »
My Sunday morning thought was to have a lower psi pump say 150psi but high flow say 5 or 6 gallon out put so you could really rinse the carpet but without pushing water in too far.

Shaun

*paul_moss

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:54:40 pm »
My sunday morning thought was of that tall blonde bird  playing violin on Britains got tallent last night. ;D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Dave_Lee

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 02:59:57 pm »
My Sunday morning thought was, I wish I was on the starting line of the London Marathon (and fit enough once more to do it) instead of working today.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

spencer davies

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 07:35:18 pm »
She was....rather nice, perhaps her leather sofa needs cleaning.

S

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 08:56:17 pm »
http://talent.itv.com/

is this the one?

Shaun