Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

maxcarpets

Re: Prices up or down
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 08:30:04 am »
Can I just say the question was is it time to think about reducing our prices as hard times hit, not weather we advertise prices or not.

Justin

prodry

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 09:27:29 am »
With respect how you can go from Colchester to say Harlow for £75 to do lounge, hall, stairs and landing is beyond me.

With fuel, a  TM, Insurance etc etc

Alan Sugar would say you are a busy fool.

Murky

I am busy therfore If I go to somewhere like Harlow then it is usually to do a couple of jobs at least.

Thursday next week I have two jobs in Harlow and two other jobs on the same day one on the way to harlow (braintree) and one on the way back (chelmsford).

Harlow is 40 miles (1hour) from me. That day is worth £340.00 to me.

I can see your point but the logic of staying in hometown fighting, spending £'s on adverising and leaflets to get work when I get jobs for free/very little from the internet, albeit that I have to drive about a bit and spend more on diesel.

stevegunn

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 05:27:58 pm »
Don't sell yourself short I'm increasing my prices shortly due to increased running costs most genuine customers understand this.How can someone who started in 1988 and charge £15 now be charging £20 and still be making a profit? You will always get price shoppers looking for the cheapest price not for the best clean.

stevegunn

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 07:12:51 pm »
no steve,i do charge much more than that to clean a room..

Wasn't meaning you we have one who advertises in my local paper with these prices

spindle

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 07:29:14 pm »
if you reduce your prices the custy will still want your "bargin" clean when you are busier or will you still clean for that discount.......do you think she will pay your "busy" price?? or just wait for you to have another "bargin" clean??

just a thought..........
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

maxcarpets

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 07:42:46 pm »
spindle

Do you think that we will have a "busy price" time this year?

Justin

spindle

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 08:28:48 pm »
yes i hope that its the late winter and things will pick up with the warmer weather . i also think that how the childrens school holidays and half terms have been different with easter being early.

i dont change my prices..........certainly not lower............i will offer discount if cleaning a larger property ........or if paid in ££££ ;)
although i am thinking of increasing them
i am experiencing an rise in my own cc work.......but i am not ready to give in my "day job" as many others are struggling for work

i must point out that i am not dependant on cc for a living(parttime cc).so there for i dont feel the need to panic with a downturn in business.......but i am reading the posts about how business is declining and how some are thinking of getting a part time job to make ends meet. 
i had thoughts of going f/t but i think i may wait a while longer :)

life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 09:25:47 pm »
Prodry you are very very cheap (I think you know that) but why not become just very cheap and raise prices a little and watch the response, I bet there is no detrimental effect just added profit, image if your day at £340 was £390 adding £50 a day would make you happier for the same work.

Shaun

prodry

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 10:43:34 pm »
Shaun

Its doing the same amount work that is driving me mad and tiring me out. Doing 4 - 6 jobs a day over 4-5 days a week. Happy with the money but thinking of doing half the jobs for more money. i also have other business interests (handyman/property maintenance) so could do a bit more on that side.

This week I priced 5 upholstery jobs over the phone. Used to charge between £65-£85. Priced all at £150.00 and got 4 out of 5 at £150.00. So am really upbeat about raising my prices.

I had got to the stage were I wasnt ringing people back as was to busy or couldnt be bothered. Not turning up to jobs. Passing work to others.

Appreciate your comments about just raising them slightly but I think I need this wholesale change otherwise I will be in the same position in few years time but proabably more worn out and bitter 

maxcarpets

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 12:54:44 pm »
Spindle

I think that is a wise move.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 08:55:06 pm »
Prodry you are spot on with what you have done, I thought you were trying to get your head around the bigger prices but it sounds like you have already done it!, well done.

Where did you get the jobs from, website or other?

Shaun