Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevegunn

Bt web clicks
« on: April 08, 2008, 11:28:58 am »

prodry

Re: Bt web clicks
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 01:38:22 pm »
£80 for 40 clicks a month for carpet cleaners. Is expensive. 40 clicks on Google or Yahoo for a largish area/town should cost no more then £0.30 per click 40 x £0.30 = £12.00 at the very most. Less for smaller areas slightly more for big cities.

I get a call or an email for 1 out of every 10 clicks. So you could expect to get around 4 jobs if you lucky. Still cheap advertising but you could get 8+ times as many clicks if you did it yourself.

Its not difficult to set up a cost per click campaign with Google or Yahoo. Plus if you do it yourself you have more control over the keywords you choose.

stevegunn

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 02:40:20 pm »
The rep has just been and I need to purchase 960clicks @ £2.00 then rolling contract.Pointed out the weblink I put to be told the one she was offering was better this is after I told her the bt phonebook advertising I had been doing accounted for 2 jobs this year.

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 06:17:37 pm »
Steve its just an other company trying to cash in in Google add words, do it your self online, and monitor it your self
Aidan
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

Karl Wildey

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 07:47:37 pm »
I do bt web clicks. 25 clicks £25, refund if not 25 clicks.

Its crap, i get the clicks but to date no one has booked a job cos they found me on line.

Still not convince web sales will lead to carpet cleaning sales

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 08:20:26 pm »
Steve you don't need to pay for web clicks. Your site is always number one anyway. Most people prefer to click on a search result site rather than a sponsored one anyway.

prodry

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 11:33:16 am »
Steve you don't need to pay for web clicks. Your site is always number one anyway. Most people prefer to click on a search result site rather than a sponsored one anyway.

Totally agree John search result carries much more weight then sponsered listing.

However sponsered listings can help. There are bound to be many search terms that you do not come up top for. Sponsered listings can be a good tool for filling these gaps.

You will amazed at the weired and wonderful search terms used by customers that work if you come up top with them.

"chemdry newcastle"
"carpet shampooer newcastle"
"carpet shampooer hire newcastle"

few examples above. If you ask 10 friends waht they would type in google if they were looking for a carpet cleaner. See how many actually say "Carpet Cleaner Wherever"

*Chris Browne

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 01:18:51 pm »
Yes agree, i think your eye automaticly goes to left anyway and read from left to right.

Chris

prodry

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 03:25:53 pm »
Clinton

They do very well for me. At the moment I am in the proccess of taking off the low price lists so will see how they do in future.

I cover a large area so have a site for every town/area I cover with most having a local area number. People dont like using services from other towns. The different sites give the impression that I am local to them.

Bennie25

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 08:10:41 am »
Cant believe any of you lot falling for BT weblinks crap, if it works i'll eat my hat,

come on WHO has it worked for lets hear it!?

stevegunn

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 08:18:59 am »
Did not fall for it,but her sales patter would have some less experienced people signing on the dotted line.Her book did not work for me and she got quite angry as I said I would not be renewing so then moved onto bt clicks so left when she saw she was getting nowhere ::)