Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Les

20 / 20 Vision
« on: April 08, 2008, 02:31:02 pm »
Hi all,

An interesting job this morning.

A couple of weeks ago I went to a customer about 30 miles away. The job involved cleaning a couple of nearly new carpets and applying Carpet Protector to the rest of the carpets in the house.

I was also asked to attend to a couple of minor stains at the same time.

The lady had gone out and wasn't back when I left. I left an invoice and note to say how I'd got on.

She rang me later to say how pleased she was with the job and that she was posting a cheque .

Lovely  :)

Then she rings the next day to say that her husband was generally pleased but was a bit upset that I had missed some stains and was requesting that I returned to remove them. :o

I had had someone with me when I did the job who agreed that he didn't think I'd missed any, so I asked the lady where they were ?  ???

She said that one was only visible....if you stood a certain way, another was very very small and aother had been treated but had not dissapeared completely.

I agreed to return, but on the basis that upon inspection, if I could not have been reasonably expected to have noticed them, I would have to charge her again. :o

Well, when I went today it was rather farcicle, she had notes from her husband saying things like,'outside bedroom 10" from stairs and top step of stairs on leading edge.....count 31 squares across from right hand side !

That will give you an idea as to how obvious the stains were and on one stain, even following the notes from her husband, she couldn't find the stain no matter how hard she looked  :P

I went through the motions and then wrote out the invoice for returning. She paid of course under the circumstances !

Funnily enough, she had told us to be 'Ultra Careful' going up and down the stairs as her husband had a thing about marks on the walls. We were of course careful, but it was nice today to see all the marks made by her two young sons since my last visit. ;D

I'm assuming her husband works with microscopes or has very very good eyesight !!

Les