Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

Re: Advertising on Google
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 07:32:28 am »
SEO ??????? whats SEO Arthur
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

stevegunn

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 07:42:48 am »
CHEERS Steve 8)
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

bluesky1

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 06:55:37 pm »
Hello all you can set up a direct account with google for £5 one off fee,you could then if you wish have as many keywords as you choose.Typically an average keyword will cost around 50 to 80p per click.It can be very targetted example carpet cleaning in leeds.You can set a daily budget  for example £3 per day when this is reached the keywords stop showing then start again the next day.Google receives 70% of all searches done on the internet.Every other search engine such as yahoo msn ect only add up together to the remaining 30%.This give an indication of the power of google.I use google adwords
and it delivers around 10 quality enquiries a week I spend around £100 a month.

carpet magic

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 09:13:42 pm »
Hi Simon, Sponsored link or adwords. You can set a limit of £30 / Month it takes you straight to your website. I think it only works if you have a good website. You can choose your own keywords.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 10:09:21 pm »
I've gone with the £99 trail month because it is guaranteed top of the listing with limitless clicks.
It's got to be worth a try for £99.
Also going to have my website optimised so that we can take advantage of the free listings as well.

I'll let you know how we go on just in case others are thinking of doing the same thing.

Simon

ShinyHouse

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2008, 02:50:42 am »
Hi to everyone!
Let say that they guarantee position no 1 for L99 to every carpet cleaning company in London, what happen if I type "carpet cleaning in London" - I'm sure that 90% choose this kayword?
In my oppinion it is technically impossible to be always at 1st position,  google  can't display all listenings at the first position.
For me it is just marketing , nothing else. More effectivly is do it yourselfs - much cheaper and no keywords limit... ;D

turneylogan

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 07:31:10 am »
Hi to everyone!
Let say that they guarantee position no 1 for L99 to every carpet cleaning company in London, what happen if I type "carpet cleaning in London" - I'm sure that 90% choose this kayword?
In my oppinion it is technically impossible to be always at 1st position, google can't display all listenings at the first position.
For me it is just marketing , nothing else. More effectivly is do it yourselfs - much cheaper and no keywords limit... ;D

No its first page not first position, and its guaranteed, and it is true.

Also, they only take one sponsored listing per category (i.e carpet cleaners) per area...or so they say.

martin19842

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2008, 07:48:40 am »
hi there

i did an exercise last month, to work out how much id spent on google adwords, and the amount of work we had got in the same period.

the numbers were 12 months google cost £1850.oo with a turnover generated from that of £65000.

so from my point of view works very well

regards
martin

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2008, 07:53:30 am »
Martin,
Gosh, that's one hell of return, well done, i'm jealous!

Simon

bluesky1

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2008, 07:47:16 pm »
Hi you cant have limitless clicks for £100 because it is google who control this not a company who sells the service.All keywords cost different rates and this varies all the time other people are constanly bidding on the same keywords as you.So anybody guaranteeing top spot evertime somebody clicks on your keyword is pulling the wool over your eyes.Your keywords will go from 1st to 4th typically throughout the day.If your daily budget is reached they stop running for the rest of that day.If you bid 50p on a key wotrd and I bid 60p my keywords will appear over yours.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2008, 08:02:06 pm »
Martin what was your average job price?

Shaun