Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

chemdry sales videos
« on: April 01, 2008, 09:28:28 pm »
http://www.chemdry.co.uk/about/chem-dry-media

I like CD I think they are a great marketing machine these videos are excellent, the protector one is the one that intereses me the most as the protector works immediately from applicaton.

One critisism is that for the UK market they should have used  UK speaking person.

Shaun

Kev Loomes

Re: chemdry sales videos
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:44:46 pm »
Yep, great marketing. Although I did giggle for a few minutes with their 'carbonating' cleaning ;D

Yeh its so effective ::) One of our custys who we do fairly regularly, had to go into hospital and she left instructions with her housekeeper for her to get us in as usual. She must of been having a bad day because she got in Chemdry

When she got back from hospital a couple of days later she looked at the carpets and in her actual words they didnt look ANY different :o She went mad especially as they charged her a fortune. She rang us last week and we are doing her place tomorrow (PROPERLY), because in her words we make them like new ;)

Marketing is a wonderful thing, no wonder custys dont know who to believe :-\

Kev

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 09:51:38 pm »
Kev I'm sure you'll agree that CD are as good or as bad as the cleaner that cleans the carpet, I like CD I especially like their pricing structure ;D but saying CD are bad cleaners is like saying that Tuckmounts clean better than portis now that is a debate!!

Shaun

homenclean

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 09:57:57 pm »
I dont know about the rest of you but i love quoting against chem dry.

i know of 2 people who bought the franchise and failed, one of them claiming the marketing is fantastic but the system just doesnt stand up.

Saying all that they must be doing something right, otherwise how could they convince so many bank managers to give up the 9 - 5 and go into carpet cleaning.

John

Kev Loomes

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 10:32:41 pm »
Shaun, with respect I fully understand that it doesnt matter who you are or where you are, there will be good and bad cleaners regardless whether your a franchisee or an independent ::) However, in this instance the Chemdry clean was pretty awful according to the custy (I'm not saying that all Chemdry cleaners are bad), so is this 'carbonating' cleaning system any good? Doesnt seem to be in this instance ;)

It's interesting though that the marketing method now used by them, and it certainly won't be the first or the last gimmick - thats for sure. Give it a couple of years and they'll have another system being promoted I'm sure.

Kev

Derek_Walker

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 06:38:08 am »
I especially like the AMAZING new product that gets rid of ink, it,s called INK REMOVER.  ;D

The only thing I do not like about Chemdry is their negative marketing, they always seem to be slating other types of cleaning systems to try and make theirs look better. I do not believe that this helps the industry at all, they should just concentrate on the benefits of their own systems.

mark_roberts

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 06:10:05 pm »
Derek - I agree to a point but in such a small industry where everyone has all methods available they have to say something to get the work in as do we.

I will often put down dry cleaning and portable, although i have them, over TM HWE as thats what i prefer to use.  A dry cleaner will say the opposite of course.

Mark

John Kelly

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 09:31:14 pm »
Ken Wainright made an interesting remark in a recent post regarding global warming. "everyones trying to cut CO2 and they are creating it" :)

alan lewis

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 02:45:41 pm »
Shaun

<I like CD I think they are a great marketing machine> So are New Labour and look at the state of the bloody country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan

David_Annable

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 05:36:16 pm »
Hi

I agree with you about CD presentational skills.

But wouldn't it be quiet easy to fake that vodeo?

Dave
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician