Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andrew44

Silly question but someone has to ask it..
« on: March 19, 2008, 02:23:03 pm »
 :)

I've got a sub pump to pumop water form 650 ltr to van but can you leave the sub pump in the tank or shoulkd you really take it out after use.  Didn't know if it would be a problem if the pump was left in water all the time. Just a hassle to keep taking it out and putting it back in each time.

Sorry if that's a silly question :-\

drakestar!

Re: Silly question but someone has to ask it..
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:28:15 pm »
HAD MINE IN THE TANK FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS, NO PROBLEMS SO FAR

Andrew44

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 02:45:36 pm »
Thanks.  Is the delivery hose always attached and have you got a seperate outlet for the hose or it it just run through lid opening?? 

ta

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 02:57:54 pm »
Delivery hose on mine runs out through the tank lid, I have had my original sub pump in the IBC for nearly 7 years now! Never even checked it! It did cost me over £200 though.

sunshine windows

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 03:02:56 pm »
So have those of you that keep the pump in the tank created a sealed lid for the hose to run through or do you just leave it open and exposed to the elements.

I was thinking of leaving my pump submersed but was worried that leaving the tank lid off would make the tds of the water to creep up. Is this not the case????  ???

Regards,
Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 03:13:43 pm »
I've got two 1000lt IBC's linked together in my shed.  I have a Draper sub pump in one of them to pump water out to the vans.  I cut a "X" in the top of the IBC to get the pump in, then folded the sections of plastic back into their original positions afterwards, with a little cut-out for the hose.  I sealed the cuts up with duct tape.

That was three years ago.  Never even thought about it since.

Andrew44

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 04:16:56 pm »
Cheers guys.

daveappleby

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 07:26:47 pm »
I've got two 1000lt IBC's linked together in my shed.  I have a Draper sub pump in one of them to pump water out to the vans.  I cut a "X" in the top of the IBC to get the pump in, then folded the sections of plastic back into their original positions afterwards, with a little cut-out for the hose.  I sealed the cuts up with duct tape.

That was three years ago.  Never even thought about it since.

jesus..... that must be one hell of a shed to take 2 ton of water!