Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

michael robinson

WFP AND VENTS PLEASE REPLY
« on: March 18, 2008, 07:53:17 am »
hi there i'm hoping to be up and ready to start with my new wfp system next tuesday fater the bank holiday, now about 70% of my round has vents on the window some right on top of the glass some about 1 inch away on the frames. can people advice me on what to do please. please i hope you guys can give me good advice. cheers mike

giftedk

Re: WFP AND VENTS PLEASE REPLY
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 08:10:21 am »
I just stay away from them !.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 08:15:35 am »
The first thing to make sure that you never squirt water inside the vent as this will then run back down the window (usually 2 minutes after you walk away)pulling dirt from inside the vent.

First option is to carefully just clean the glass on windows with vents and do not touch the vent area at all.

Second option is to carefully clean over the vent, with minimal water use, allow to dry and then clean the glass below.

Whichever option you go for it is worth checking the vented windows for run-downs after a couple of minutes. You will soon build up a pattern as to which windows give you problems and which don't.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:18:48 am »
I clean them.

On the first clean ,go around the house JUST do the vents thouroughly, then do the glass, then on subsequent cleans they will no longer be a problem.

As long as you give them a once over with the frames every month they will stay clean..

Try to get the customer to have a look, one clean one and one dirty one , explain what you have done and why.
They should give you enough time to get it right.

Practice makes perfect.

I clean the vents everytime without fail.

Dave

Andrew44

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 08:19:11 am »
I just stay away from them !.

How can you avoid them if you also do the frame??

Andrew44

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 08:20:52 am »
I clean them.

On the first clean ,go around the house JUST do the vents thouroughly, then do the glass, then on subsequent cleans they will no longer be a problem.

As long as you give them a once over with the frames every month they will stay clean..

Try to get the customer to have a look, one clean one and one dirty one , explain what you have done and why.
They should give you enough time to get it right.

Practice makes perfect.

I clean the vents everytime without fail.

Dave

I was told that you should tell all customers to ensure all vents are closed or water will run inside the house.  Is this right??

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 08:21:51 am »
another thing with vents is if they are open and you clean them you are liely to get water inside the persons house.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 08:22:30 am »
Dont go squirting water direct, then you will be ok,

It is all trial and error.

Andrew44

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 08:24:57 am »
another thing with vents is if they are open and you clean them you are liely to get water inside the persons house.

Sp should you tell the custy to close tham all before you clean??  That is what I was told. Agree??

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 08:26:39 am »

Sp should you tell the custy to close tham all before you clean??  That is what I was told. Agree??
yes, but that like asking a customer to leave a gate open, they forget sometimes

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 08:29:17 am »
You will soon see a trickle inside if it is going inside, i find this very rarly happens.

Andrew44

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 08:31:07 am »
Do you ask them to close vents or is as WW says really hit and miss (a bit like the vent ;D Sorry ::))

rugby

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 10:43:28 am »
no matter how carefull you are i belive if you clean the top frame on windows with vents you will always risk runs or worse water inside the house.i no longer let water get anyware near them,works for me,no complaints so far,touch wood  ;D

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 11:14:25 am »
First cleans I do the vents frames and window then go round again and just do the glass,
Subsequent cleans I just brush of the vent with a wet brush then turn the flow on and clean the window. 
Sussex by the sea

Pj

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 12:42:00 pm »
I clean them.  Every time.  As has been said, avoid squirting water straight into the openings, by concentrating over the top of them.  I find that if I don't clean them they just get dirt build up and then they are bound to become a problem, so just clean them.  And explain the issue.

On a few big buildings where they do get a build up of dirt no matter what I do, I explain that periodically I will be concentrating on cleaning the vents which will leave a bit of spotting, but I'll sort all that out next time around.  No problems, they think they're getting extra service ;)

Mike 108

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 01:23:12 pm »
PJ - Sorry to interupt this thread - How did you go on with the 'salty' windows you were going to do today?

Mike

Mike 108

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 01:24:00 pm »
PJ - Sorry to interupt this thread - How did you go on with the 'salty' windows you were going to do today?

Mike

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 02:22:21 pm »
Can't you quickly stop the flow, and just brush over the vent (not 'in' the vent, but just clean the part that you can 'see')?

Pj

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 04:27:50 pm »

Mike
I'll start a new topic ;)