Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

first sl2 use
« on: March 17, 2008, 06:19:23 pm »
today i finally got chance to try it out!!!

dear me, it was a joke how light it was and how much easier it made this one job. before i had a universal 24ft pole which would reach just about with a stretch some 3rd storey flats and that pole was so heavy it wore you out

but with the sl2, i had 5 sections so abot 30ft, and i glided through them, like i was doing bottom windows!! it was so easy, then 2nd floor, with one hand i held the pole, and the other just took a section out and placed it on the floor, was so easy its un true, i was always a bit sceptical about modular poles, with having to seperate sections and so forth, but after today im not! even with putting the pole togheter (which is quick wnough anyway) i did the job much quicker and i didnt want to die after doing it

horay for the sl2! gonna be using on tommorow to, cant wait lol!

think you need one? GET ONE!

daniel b

Re: first sl2 use
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 06:24:19 pm »
 ;)
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 06:28:57 pm »
The sl2 makes doing a 50ft window the same as doing a 12ft window, its all the same, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Mr H

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 06:35:18 pm »
Don't want to say "we told you so"......... But we all did.... ;)

Regards
Mr H

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 06:45:03 pm »
LWC have you got those nifty protection rings on your sections? Worth doing if you haven't already.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 06:51:54 pm »
today i finally got chance to try it out!!!

dear me, it was a joke how light it was and how much easier it made this one job. before i had a universal 24ft pole which would reach just about with a stretch some 3rd storey flats and that pole was so heavy it wore you out

but with the sl2, i had 5 sections so abot 30ft, and i glided through them, like i was doing bottom windows!! it was so easy, then 2nd floor, with one hand i held the pole, and the other just took a section out and placed it on the floor, was so easy its un true, i was always a bit sceptical about modular poles, with having to seperate sections and so forth, but after today im not! even with putting the pole togheter (which is quick wnough anyway) i did the job much quicker and i didnt want to die after doing it

horay for the sl2! gonna be using on tommorow to, cant wait lol!

think you need one? GET ONE!

My view is that they are fine for certain types of job but I wouldn't want to use them on my normal domestic work as it's a hassle dropping and adding sections constantly.  However, for longer runs of windows on commercial jobs and for difficult to access windows on other jobs it's a dream to use.  I did get in a mess with a couple of sections sticking together a while back but now that I know what precautions to use to avoid that, it's no problem.  I find it a very useful tool in my kit but not the "be all and end all."  It really came into it's own a while back when I had a long run of fourth floor windows on one job and some dormers set back high into the roof on another.

LWC

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 07:31:17 pm »
oh yeh i agree there shiner, domestic would be a little bit of a pain, but as we're saying big strecth of high windows, doddle!

and yes to the protection rings  ;D

TVCS

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 07:50:16 pm »
protection rings?  pray tell
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 08:23:58 pm »
protection rings?  pray tell

They are the latest fitment on the S2. They act as permanent caps on each section.  You no longer need to use rubber end caps or adjustable end bungs.  They can be fitted to any previous Super-Lite and if you already own a Super-Lite, you can buy them for 50% off.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Super-Lite_Spares_and_Components.html

Second item down.

TVCS

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 09:03:00 pm »
cheers Alex.
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

M Winner

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 09:13:48 pm »
Saw those before on Emporiums superlight pole

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 09:19:04 pm »
Did you?

They work on the same principle, but are a very different product. They also act as shock absorbers for the ends of the pole.

I personally was happy fitting an end-cap during use, but a lot of our clients nagged us into having them made!  :D