Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pj

Sorry Alex G but...
« on: March 16, 2008, 08:27:48 pm »
I guess you've answered this before loads of times but I probably wasn't paying attention:

The SL-2....Could I add sections to it if I was to buy only to discover I needed bigger?

Eg.  A 45' then discover I need a 55'?

Thanks
Pj

Mr H

Re: Sorry Alex G but...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 08:35:15 pm »
Yes you can m8.....

The bottom base section can be purchaser seperatly so you can end up turning your 35footer in a 60footer by just purchasing 1 at a time if you wanted.
That way you can wait till you actually have customers before adding on.
Regards
Mr H

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 08:35:50 pm »
Yes you can.

You can easily add extra sections (£52 each) to any size pole package. Each extension section adds 5' 7" to the pole length.

karlosdaze

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 09:04:28 pm »
Whats the top height you recommend Alex? Could you go on indefinately? At what height would something give?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 09:09:46 pm »
I really don't know.  I'm sure in Jeff Brimble's hands it could reach 100ft.  Whether this would be a practical or safe option, I don't know.  Several of our customers do work with it at 62ft (11 sections) and one at 68ft but this has been done on their own initiative.

About half a mile from my house is a 12 storey block of flats with loads of clear ground around it.  One windless day, it would be great to take a whole van-load of sections along and see just how far I could get it!  Technically, as long as the top of the pole was propped against the building, nothing should actually give.

Pj

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 09:47:58 pm »
Thanks

karlosdaze

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 09:59:28 pm »
I really don't know.  I'm sure in Jeff Brimble's hands it could reach 100ft.  Whether this would be a practical or safe option, I don't know.  Several of our customers do work with it at 62ft (11 sections) and one at 68ft but this has been done on their own initiative.

About half a mile from my house is a 12 storey block of flats with loads of clear ground around it.  One windless day, it would be great to take a whole van-load of sections along and see just how far I could get it!  Technically, as long as the top of the pole was propped against the building, nothing should actually give.
Thanks for that Alex, so was the 120 footer record with the SL2?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 07:34:00 am »
No - as far as I know the 120ft record (unofficial) was with a carbonized modular pole but the operators said they would never do it again, particularly as they dropped it.