Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jonah

Re: Help with a quote please
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2008, 09:14:27 pm »
Midas sorry for sounding negative but that last post was just over the top and self deprecating nonesence !  you are cleaning windows not saving the world !

steve a

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2008, 09:42:15 pm »
My books are full and I would not take the work on as it is a one off and i would have to leave other work to do it.

If i was to do it i would say 1 day 7-8 hours, one off £480 with no guarantees as to the finished quality.

Even then 1st clean would leave unsightly runs due to spiders etc, 2nd wash would be better and third wash would be to my standards, which is another reason i wouldn't do it as i would have to clean it three times to be happy with it. and that would be more like£700

pingu

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 08:46:58 am »
Thanks guys please keep those thoughts coming....

Just another thought....now this job will have to be cleaned at least twice to get it clean...so how long do you think that it will take you...?

Dave.

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 08:50:27 am »
Twice as long? :)

Rob_Mac

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2008, 09:06:38 am »
Jonah

I fail to understand your point - are you one of the brigade that wants to beat the man down that has done well.

What I have always tried to do in all off my posts is show that through positive attitude and determination you can get the high end and high priced work.

If that is too much for some to believe do not read it. I am not saying I am any better than anyone on here or that I am the saviour of window cleaning bu there are plenty of people in life and on here that will tell you it cannot be done and you cannot get the price and you must fit into a certain category or stereotype.

If you don't like it don't read it I have helped about 7 people start real businesses face to face and the people on here I have worked with and met will tell you of the person I am.

I may think differently to you and that may be why I am where I am - sometimes it might be worth looking a bit deeper into information shared and seeing the depth that is behind it.

If one of the dragons on dragons den gave you advice would you use it or not. My attitude is to use any useful information gathered - from whatever source and if I felt there was someones attitude that was different to mine but it was working for them I would want to meet that person and find out what made them tick.

I guess it is about levels of success and where we want to be in life - if you want a lot then you have to sacrifice a lot and to do this you have to have a certain attitude and mind.

Your thoughts I will say are ill thought out and offer little to the topic but you are entitled to them and I wish you well in your future.

Rob ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2008, 01:24:26 pm »
you havnt said whether this is just the outsides or whether they want the insides doing also, looking at the pictures on some of the sides some plants  in pots etc will have to be moved to get to the bottom windows, if it was just the outside then i would say about £370 and would do it very early morning with two men on site as it could be awkward once customers arrive and start getting in the way.
  if they want the insides cleaning the it makes it into a different job altogether.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2008, 01:40:51 pm »
How long would it take you to clean trad? I reckon 2 days minimum, maybe 3.
Why charge any less for doing it WFP????

If its been 3 years since it was done, you will probably spend an entire day there, and maybe even an hour or 2 the next day as you'll end up cleaning a lot of it twice.
I'd be thinking around the £650 mark, external only if it was my job.

pingu

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2008, 03:16:03 pm »
Thanks for the advice and info, just to clarify...it is for outsides only and just the vertical glass not roof glass.

Many thanks
Dave.

mark dew

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2008, 06:45:44 pm »
dave, do you have a price in mind now? If so, how much do you think you would go for? Don't worry, i won't stick me van on the ferry and undercut you.  ;D

Feen

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2008, 08:07:49 pm »
Dave, I haven't studied the pics so won't offer a suggested quote. What I will say is this. I have done some builders cleans on a developement and underpriced myself each time. It always takes longer than I think. As this is a one off clean, you could be in the same situation. If you need the work, fine quote to get it, but don't quote to get it for the sake of it if that makes sense :) My rough guide now on my builders cleans is work out what I think it'll take me in time and make a price. Then double it. I'll get it right eventually ;D
Feen

pingu

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2008, 03:10:40 pm »
Hi Mark....I have now submitted a quote for 950 euros which is around £713, I do not think I will get the job but I did not have it in the first place but in the event I were to get it...the money would make the graft worth it.

Cheers
Dave.

D woods

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2008, 03:21:57 pm »
Hi Guys
Dont be shy when pricing commercial work you will be amazed at the prices people will pay.

mark dew

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 11:40:01 pm »
cheers dave, good luck with it. Let us know how you get on.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2008, 11:46:25 pm »
Nederlandse Bloemen!!!!!!!!! Hoera! ;D  ;D

Sanity

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 01:06:49 am »
I personally would do this job for £400 as it is a days work.

A nice sunny day, hour for lucnch and it would be a pleasure :)

pingu

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 02:11:09 pm »
Thanks for all the advice...I have got this job for 950 euros (around 720 uk), despite me knowing this will be alot of graft...it will push the year end turnover numbers up which will help when I go for a mortgage....

By the way as the whole place is a giant greenhouse....the insides are absolutly minging so the chance of knowing if they are clean or not will be hard to tell ;D ;D

Cheers
Dave.

ps...think I should have charged 1400  ;D ;D

Tony Warren

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 05:54:59 pm »
There is alot of glass there for one man, psychologically this type of job would do my head in, constant cleaning with no break moving from one job to another, lots of water used (not sure if your on a meter).

If i had counted correctly there is around 400 pieces of glass. Taking into consideration the above, if this was on a monthly clean(which this is probably not) I would charge around £700 for first clean and £350 a month there after. For a one off only for windows not cleaned for three years then M Clean price would not be far off.

If it is not a regular contract which i suspect it won't be, at least not for the whole building then put in the high price unless of course your desperate for a few hundred quid.

pingu

Re: Help with a quote please New
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2008, 08:33:16 pm »
Thanks to those who helped me price this job...took me a total of 9.5 hours today...knackered....but not bad for a days work ;)....

pingu

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2008, 08:34:14 pm »
And a last photo just for the fun of it....

Cheers
Dave.

Dale Smith

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2008, 08:53:03 pm »
Looks like you have done a great job Dave  ;D
Swindon, Wiltshire.