Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lands

Ninja question
« on: March 12, 2008, 07:54:01 am »
I have a leak eminating from the bar at the base of my my machine that only happens when the pump is running. Have tried tightening the bolts but it has'nt made any difference. Any ideads or do I need to trot off to Sittingbourne to be bent over a desk?

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

Re: Ninja question
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 08:04:37 am »
Pete

Got a similar leak. Whilst that doesn't help you, as and when I get to the bottom of it I'll see you if you are sorted.

Like you I can do without the bit about returning it to You Know Who. Whenever my engineer has telephoned to discuss parts/wiring/plumbing etc the word "uncooperative" springs to mind.

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:29:21 am »
ashbys ninja and equipment are really good but it is a shame their customer service isnt so good also their repair costs are a bit over the top, i honestly believe this puts some people off buying their equipment so come on ashbys try and put these right i am sure your sales will increase because your equipment and knowledge of industry is very good.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

lands

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 08:35:26 am »
Trevor

I once mentioned this forum to the Son that now runs it and he looked at me like I was a child molester so I don't think they will be reading this.

Pete

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 09:06:33 am »
Just have to cut and paste and forward it on to there information email, but again not that they will take any notice, they are all sweet and nice until you part with your cash, then any problems they show there teeth
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

gmac

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 11:55:33 am »
Pete

Had this problem recently on both the 400psi and the same week on the 135psi machines.
puchased a pump head repair kit from ashbys for the 135psi relativley easy to fit, just watch for the springs popping out when you take the head apart(about 15 quid) and for the 400psi purchased a new pump head as the water was passing, not as easy to change due to lack of room (about 80 quid i think) i also changed the seal on the pressure regulator on the 400psi as it was dripping slightly.
Hope this is of some help.

Regards,

Gary

lands

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 01:49:06 pm »
Thanks guys, the leak is quite bad and it sounds like the seal as you say. Ashbys are only 50 mins from me so will take it up there and get them to do it. Due a PAT test anyway.

Pete

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 05:44:52 pm »
See on their site they sell a truckmount as well now.

I rarely deal with them now real shame. Derek and Martin are good guys but I really think their business philosphy is flawed especially Martin's posture toward customers.

Sold me a cardboard box for £18 once. Note I said once, I'm no fool. ::)

ollie

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 08:08:11 am »
Pete I had this prob 3 weeks ago , it was coming from one of the compression elbows..the one coming from the black box (solonoid i think) Ashbys charged me 12 quid including next day delivery.
ollie

lands

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 06:18:55 pm »
[quote a uthor=ollie link=topic=51753.msg435151#msg435151 date=1205482091]
Pete I had this prob 3 weeks ago , it was coming from one of the compression elbows..the one coming from the black box (solonoid i think) Ashbys charged me 12 quid including next day delivery.

Hi Ollie

This was indeed the problem and now sorted. They did a couple of other bits which they did'nt charge for :o :o :o :o :o. When I turned pump on it was on very high and the guage was reaching 550 psi so I'm now advertising myself as the smallest TM operator in the UK ;D