Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

maxcarpets

prowler question
« on: March 11, 2008, 06:10:33 pm »
How does the water feed into machine? just out of interest.

Cheers

Justin

stevegunn

Re: prowler question
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 06:47:06 pm »
From the water tank via 12v pump or a hose pipe

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 07:04:11 pm »
Hi Stevey,
Am I right in thinking they have a header tank the same as all the other machines.

My next question is are you using a float switch or a presure vessel to cut off the flow to the header tank?

i.e Switches in the header tank or pressure switch on the pump via a pressure vessel?

stevegunn

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 07:08:21 pm »
no header tank

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 07:10:24 pm »
Steve won't it pull straight from the tank without a supply pump?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 07:13:32 pm »
Steve

What No Tank!  Cheap Skate

Mick,

I thought that as well, my old prochem Cub could pull water provided the lift was not to high

stevegunn

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 07:24:51 pm »
Steve won't it pull straight from the tank without a supply pump?

The old one did it worked off gravity the new one is designed differently

maxcarpets

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 07:32:16 pm »
So the water tank has to be higher than machine? I presume tanks and pumps are all extra costs?

Cheers

Justin

stevegunn

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 07:36:20 pm »
So the water tank has to be higher than machine? I presume tanks and pumps are all extra costs?

Cheers

Justin

Not necessarily you would have to check with John about tanks and pump I'm sure there is a thread somewhere stating tank included not sure about pump

maxcarpets

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 07:39:20 pm »
Cheers steve. I only wondered really. Its probably been asked a million times but what happens to waste water?

Justin

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 07:45:39 pm »
That's the bit you throw away ;D

Only kidding Justin ;)

From what  I have seen that's the interesting thing about these machines you can either blow it into a seperate tank or just let it down the drain.

That's what make these machine ideal for smaller vans the lack of tanks needed.

John Kelly

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 08:01:27 pm »
They used to pull direct off the tank. However he is forever developing them. The new one has 2 inlet solenoids which sense water flow and cut the engine if the flow stops. Somehow this prevents it drawing off so we are using a 12 volt 16lpm demand pump which is included. This also results in less wear on the pump as it doesn't have to work as hard drawing water in. If you need a waste tank then a wheely bin with an inlet port and waste outlet makes a very versatile one for around 40 quid.

stevegunn

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 08:04:37 pm »
Cheers steve. I only wondered really. Its probably been asked a million times but what happens to waste water?

Justin

most turns to steam

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 08:31:43 pm »
So you could say then Steve this is a true Stream cleaning machine ;D

lands

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 09:04:03 pm »
They used to pull direct off the tank. However he is forever developing them. The new one has 2 inlet solenoids which sense water flow and cut the engine if the flow stops. Somehow this prevents it drawing off so we are using a 12 volt 16lpm demand pump which is included. This also results in less wear on the pump as it doesn't have to work as hard drawing water in. If you need a waste tank then a wheely bin with an inlet port and waste outlet makes a very versatile one for around 40 quid.

Thanks for your help today John, as ever you are always most helpful.

Pete