Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleanimperial

Cleaning Standards
« on: February 26, 2008, 08:19:15 pm »
Hi all

How do you make sure the standards of cleaning are being maintained in your contracts. Regular visits or wait until there is a complaint ?

I just want to get a general idea how this all works for you.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Fred

garyj

Re: Cleaning Standards
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 08:24:18 pm »
Hi all

How do you make sure the standards of cleaning are being maintained in your contracts. Regular visits or wait until there is a complaint ?

I just want to get a general idea how this all works for you.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Fred

The general idea is you check the work regularly and there are no complaints.

Is this a serious question  ???

pro-clean

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 08:32:19 pm »

The general idea is you check the work regularly and there are no complaints.

Is this a serious question  ???
why does this question sound so odd ??

Fred
in our line of work we use a ticking system, we also swab certain jobs to make sure their cleaned to a certain standard.
I believe the first one may be of more use to you
Cheers

Richie
Cleaning ..it for a living

*Chris Browne

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 08:40:18 pm »
I employ a supervisor (part time) and between us every contract is checked every fortnight.

Chris

Ian Rochester

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 09:53:56 pm »
Monthly checks and meetings with client, normally when I give them their invoice.  Spot checks at irregular intervals during cleaning period.

If you wait for them to complain then you are waiting to lose the contract and are behaving like an ostrich with it's head in the sand!

Gerry Styles

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 10:40:44 pm »
I visit my contracts every week and always when cleaners are on site.
Premier Klean Limited

Fox

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 07:31:19 am »
It would be impossible for me to visit all of my contracts wkly or even fortnightly, I have a contract manager who checks the medium and large ones.  Larger clients recieve a QC with me on a one to three month basis, other than this the clients have my email address and are encouraged to use it and also recieve regular calls to ensure they are happy with service.  Very small contracts are checked when a material/janitorial delivery is made.

Fox

cleanimperial

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 08:10:54 pm »
Thanks for all your advice. I know the question sounds obvious but I just wanted to know what works for you.

Hi Richie would you kindly elaborate.

in our line of work we use a ticking system, we also swab certain jobs to make sure their cleaned to a certain standard.

Thanks again.

heritagecleaning

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 08:35:45 pm »
By doing all the work myself, but I make up for the limited number of jobs I can do by charging a fortune for the high standards this allows me to maintain.

ellejay

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 09:46:15 pm »
We have a policy that we contact clients on a monthly basis to check that they are happy with the service being provided. I am also looking into holding regular reviews with staff to ensure that they are happy and not just pull them in if we get a complaint.
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.
I am woman, I am invincible, I am Tired.

Gerry Styles

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 11:16:48 pm »
It is important to keep regular contact with the customer and always stay in touch with the cleaners, they are you ambassadors and you don't want them becoming part of the customer's family
Premier Klean Limited