Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TVCS

LIFE OF GRIME day 2
« on: March 04, 2008, 09:10:51 pm »
Well.  On the way to the job I stopped off and purchased a product called 'Knock out'.   Industrial drain unblocker type stuff.   

Got suited and booted and removed the toilet.  Nice.     Gave the waste  a bit of rodding action but the whole  stack was blocked solid.   

Added some of the 'knock out' and retired to a safe distance.  What we had then was a stream of foaming smoking poo foam pouring out of the waste pipe.  into our bucket. 
This stuff is very powerful but because the whole stack was blocked  it would have taken about 100 bottles to eat through it all.   

I decided to go and find the yellow pages and get a drain man to come and sort it.   He arrived and 10 mins later it was clear.  He didnt make any mess at all, what a hero.  £75 and a tenna for a drink.    The best part was the chap who got us to do the work turned up whilst the drain man was there and said just add the cost to the final invoice.  What a treat, I thought I would have to fork out for it. ;D ;D   

As I cleaned the loo outside, it was coated in metal scratches going into the u-bend.  I think it may have been cleaned out before with something metal.  I thought that the owners would automatically blame me and try and claim a new one.   This knock out stuff cleaned it up to a shine.  Good as new, not a mark on it.

Basically with the bog now operational and the bath room best part finished we will be finished on time.   
I also found out today that another company had put a quote in for this job and it was 3 x our quote.  I thought we were on to a good earner!     :o

Thanks  everyone for the advice and tips on how to tackle the toilet and everything else.   

When it is all done I will try and post some before and after photos. 
Ant TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)