Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bonkors

Round Management Software
« on: February 18, 2008, 12:24:53 pm »
Hi,

do any of you guys use a round management software where you may have developed it yourself? Maybe using excel.

Jon-scwindows

Re: Round Management Software
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 08:20:46 pm »
i used Excel, set it all out, you can fix up some equations to automatically do it for you, but now ive got George i wouldnt bother with excel it just got in a mess and its much easier using George and pocket george together, as it records all your accounts too.
I would get george or window cleaner pro.

suds window service

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 09:52:37 pm »
just got george on saturday,set my round up...early signs looks good lot easier then looking in your books and it is definitely more professional........but i have a silly question if any one can answer it........my round is based on 4 weekly do you have to keep imputing your days work or will george automatically move it forward to the next month

mark dew

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 10:06:47 pm »
i use calendar for scheduling my work and use excel for the accounting side of it.
I will use george 1 day i believe but i do like the power of excel and the fact that i can get it to do what i want and more.
I'm very happy doing this but 1 thing i don't like about excel is that each month i have a different number of jobs, which means that i have to delete or add rows to keep the file compact. If it was the same amount each month i could use a formula that will automatically update a different excel file for my expenses or a yearly earnings file.
One thing i do nowadays is where i use a 'Y' or a 'N' in a column for people who have paid or not the 'Y's will come up on a green background and the 'N's will have a red background. This makes it easier to quickly scroll through looking for any outstanding payments.

George Systems

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 10:12:29 pm »
Hi

George will automatically move your Jobs to the correct place in the list when you mark them as done.

You only have to set the Job up once - George does the rest.

Paul

Sanity

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 10:45:31 pm »
George is da bomb!  Well worth the £50.

Saves me loads of time and effort.

suds window service

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 05:12:37 am »
thanks, iam on the free trial at the moment but will buy after that....  now if i can only get my printer to work...lol ::)

Ian Rochester

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 06:27:19 am »
Invest in a PDA for your george, then you will really see the benefits of it.

s.hughes

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 07:32:32 am »
I've tried out george and I've had other software and I still find pen and paper better. All I do is print out my round every 3 months and at the end of the day I mark of the work I've done and whose's paid. Thats it simple it's fast and no fuss. My accounts are done with quicken 98 which is old but does everything.

Steve

LWC Ltd

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 05:52:45 pm »
I use Round tracker. Its in Excel.
Took me a while to figure out how to use it properly at first. Was worth persevering. Wouldn't be without it now.
In the morning just click due today and print off list. When get back update jobs done and reshedule where need to and that's it.

Did try free trial of George. Good and everythng but seemed like would take forever to enter customers. Probably should have entered them all to try it properly but happy with what got. Does what I need anyway.

s.hughes

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 06:44:26 pm »
Same here, when I saw George I also thought it would take to long to enter in the customers. I suppose when their in there its done but I wouldnt be bothered.

Steve

George Systems

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 07:03:06 pm »
Hi

Yes - it takes a while to enter your customers but there are so many benefits to using George that it's well worth the effort - and you only have to do it once...

Paul

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 07:10:27 pm »
When are you up dating so that cash money can be shown seperatly to just paid please Paul?

George Systems

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 07:45:02 pm »
Hi

That sounds like a minor change but it isn't - we're working on it...

Paul

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 07:54:41 pm »
That would be the final piece in the jigsaw and make your George programme invincible. This is the taxmans biggest concern, and very difficult for us. If we can get a cash in hand figure, we can sleep easy even years in the future.

Personally I would pay extra for this.