Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

williamx

Spots & Spotting, 1 Possible Cause.
« on: February 19, 2008, 09:41:42 am »
Everyone who has used wfp has come across the odd window thats spots for no apparent reason.

Yesterday I was giving my equipment a maintenance check and when I came to clean the pump strainer, I noticed a build up of DI resin.

As this resin is very small beads and they are the size of the spots that occur on windows, I thought that they might be linked and this is one cause of spotting.   

[GQC] Tim

Re: Spots & Spotting, 1 Possible Cause.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 11:16:18 am »
Wouldnt be possible would it? Because it's filtered through the strainer, so I don't see how they can get past that in all honesty, and even if they would, how would it cause spotting? It wouldn't even stick to the glass, and even if it did, it would attract the dirt, it wouldn't transfer it to the glass would it?

williamx

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 12:21:45 pm »
The resin beads do get past the strainer, I have found some in the fan jets, as for making the windows spot, I presume that these resin beads are already contaminated with impurities from the DI tank, and therefore transfer them to the window.

I have noticed on some windows when they sheet that you see small bits of grit on the windows which I though was dirt, maybe they are resin beads instead, and if you don't spot them and rinse them off, they instead dry onto the glass and leave marks.

robbie14000

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 07:32:30 pm »
william - I like it.
I have noticed the small grit-like particles left on the window.
But how do we sort it out????
Anyone??
Thanks Robbie

williamx

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 07:52:19 pm »
Today I have put another strainer on the outlet side of my pump as well as the inlet.