Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peekeclean

town houses
« on: February 08, 2008, 10:00:30 am »
what size pole will cope with these iv got 2 comeing up and one has dorma windows so whats the best way to go?
cheers joe

Re: town houses
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 10:03:28 am »
what size pole will cope with these iv got 2 comeing up and one has dorma windows so whats the best way to go?
cheers joe
i have a 17ft and 34ft that covers all job we do at the moment

drwindows

Re: town houses New
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 12:45:10 am »
We have many accounts like this and for almost all of them I use a 45ft pole.  I like to target these houses myself because normal window cleaners (that use ladders) tend to avoid them because they cannot do the top floor.

There is plenty of them out there because land is getting short and builders now want to build up.  The only problem with them is that sometimes there is a metal gate over the bottom half of the window (i say window but its usually double doors that open inward on the upstairs) and this makes things tricky.

The only way I have found to do these types is to stand directly underneath them and squash the brush head in between the railings and the glass, it just fits usually.  The water drips down exactly on top of your head.  There's no way to avoid that.  I talked to ionic systems to see if they had a product that would solve this problem, but alas no.  So you will get a wet head but they will be clean.

jaykie

Re: town houses
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 03:45:29 pm »
I live in a 3 storey town house and was amazed the other day when i heard the knocking of ladders, looked out the window and there was a a window cleaner next door about 60 years old (fair play) doing the 3rd floor window, you would never catch me doing that.

Chris