Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tina57

can anyone help
« on: February 15, 2008, 10:16:41 pm »
Hi there ,
            I Normaly do build cleans, have been asked to clean the carpets for a ex
3 bed show home , it is not in bad condition, I have a Vax carpet cleaner, can anyone help with pricing the job. any help would be great.
Tina.........

Gerry Styles

Re: can anyone help
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 11:24:12 pm »
Vax ok for small domestic. Wherer are you located?
Premier Klean Limited

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 11:38:04 pm »
Tina don't do it with a vax you will regret it, try going to a janitorial supplier and hire a machine and go for wool safe products as they are the safest to use.

To charge just add all of the costs together for your out goings and charge your normal rate per hour and don't forget travelling to your supplier and back (this rate will still be a load cheaper than a professional carpet cleaner)

Shaun

Jason Hedges

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 02:26:21 am »
Hi Tina,

I'd recommend you find a local reputable carpet cleaner and ask them to quote for you then add an arrangement fee. If you post some details including area you may have some offers from here.

That way you're getting a professional job, making your customer happy and  possibly leading to more work and earning for making a phone call. They may not charge as much as you think!

I clean carpets for 3 local cleaning firms. Firstly because i do a decent job, secondly because i charge a reasonable ammount and thirdly because they can trust me to be at a job when arranged and to do it properly. They make money on the work i do.

Theres more to proper carpet cleaning than using a vax or hiring a machine ;)

All the best,
Jason.

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 07:38:08 am »
Jason, if Tina is anywhere near you, I would let her have a go with your M-Power.
Vac, prespray, agitate, dwell, extraction.
Be interesting what result Tina would get by doing the first 4 really well, especially the agitate (presumably brushing in this case) and 15 - 20 minute dwell.

from edge2edge

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 09:02:32 am »
Tina if you state which area you are in i am sure someone on this forum would oblige with a very reasonable price and as stated above you make money on top and get a very satisfied customer(future business perhaps)Cheers Alan (swindon)

spencer davies

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 09:53:04 am »
Also Tina, do you have treatments risk insurance....you may find yourself considerably out of pocket otherwise.

Regards

S

Tina57

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 05:06:20 pm »
Thanks for all the replys,
                                      I am in Maidstone Kent if anyone can help
Thanks again Tina......

*paul_moss

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 05:12:33 pm »
Tina if your pretty, Shaun will go down to Maidstone :D. Only joking, Pete arnt you around that area or Gary J?
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

lands

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 06:13:08 pm »
Tina

I cover Maidstone. Call me or email with details and I'll work out a price for you (see my profile). Stay clear of the Vax as you will regret it. The other issue mentioned is PL insurance ie you won't be covered but will get claimed against if you make a mistake.

Pete

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 12:14:16 am »
Tina

If similar to the Kings Hill homes £120 with a tm £150 with a Ninja cant price with a vax’s never used one. These prices are based on Maidstone area Ashford price goes up a bit.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

lands

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 06:40:51 am »
Len, why does your price between a porty and a TM. The nain diffrence is time which is all relative.

Len Gribble

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 05:03:09 pm »
Pete

The porty is blinding machine  ;) but hard work, in some circles they price by sqf/sqy/sqm I price every thing on my time to a point, tomorrow got two in Thamesmead flats pick up keys/code start from home 07.30 be home by 10.30/11.00 thank you! ;D

As you say every thing is relative thinking of putting my prices up due to Julian Le Grand know I peve some coustomers with the cc but what can I do ???

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)