Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Neil Grainger

Nail Polish
« on: February 13, 2008, 10:30:13 am »
Customer has spilt Nail polish on Polypro and 80/20 carpet.  Can anyone suggest a good stain remover to get this out.

Cheers

Neil

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

Re: Nail Polish
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 10:57:31 am »
Try Prochem gluespot.

Nailpolish can be a fairly slow process to remove so I usually make the point that I will be charging them on a time basis. Providing you sell this concept well you shouldn'y have any problems although you may need to trade off against the cost of a new carpet and just how bad and wher eplaced the stain is.

Let us know how you get on.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Steve Chapman

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 11:13:48 am »

i've found the only thing that really gets it out is nail varnish remover (acetone i

think) - its formulated for that job, but obviously taking the usual precautions

and cleaning properly after, should have more succes than on a pure wool

carpet.

regards
steve

Gerry Styles

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 11:18:58 am »
you could prochem a277 solvex. it is a water based solvent. e840 citrus gel would work also
Premier Klean Limited

markpowell

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 03:14:58 pm »
Gluespot is the best product it will break down the hard shell like cover.
Mark

Neil Grainger

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 03:41:27 pm »
Hi Mark

Where do you get gluespot from.

cheers

Neil

markpowell

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 03:51:28 pm »
its a prochem product maybe your local supplier, Prochem will send it out 1st class post if you order before last post. Mark

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 05:46:55 pm »
The products mentioned above should remove nail varnish easily. The problem is it could also damage the adhesive backing leading to delamination and/or de-tufting. The problem is the relatively long dwell time required.

I have had great success on this type of stain with Gel-Solve from the Dry Fusion people (Cleaners warehouse?) and I gather OJ from HydraMaster performs just as well. IMO Citrus Gel from Prochem isn't up to this task.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 06:10:24 pm »
I agree Ken, citrus gel isn't what it used to be.

Shaun

lands

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 06:58:10 pm »
Did a set of stairs recently in an adolescent care home. One of the girls had a turn and threw 8-10 different bottles down. Was short notice job so used what I had left of rid a gum, Chew gum remover and Cit gel (Knowing what I know now I would have gone straight for the acetone) but it all came out. The main point is, out of the three products they all worked differently on each of the polishes so it was a case of trying each one out.

They added £10 to my invoice when I got the cheque a week