Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

xxmattyxx

Wind
« on: February 05, 2008, 04:37:45 pm »
No not flatulence.

How windy does it have to get before you can stop working with WFP.

Ive seen a few posts on here in the past where cleaners have said theyve gone back to inspect their work on a windy day and found the windows to be minging with dirt brought in on the wind.

Does it also make any difference if ground conditions are wet as this'll more likely keep dust on the ground; on a dry windy day dust blows up easily.

Matt

jampot

Re: Wind
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 04:41:52 pm »
ive noticed even if youve done the windows tradish and theres high wind they will get dirty almost strightaway. so i dont know if it makes a diffrence wherther its wfp or tradish  ???
but the wind blows dust on the  wet windows and it dries they are going tobe spotty ::)

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 04:48:23 pm »
I work in all weathers wfp, if there is a problem I fix it.

jampot

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 04:54:24 pm »
ww if you work all weather do you get many  probs ?
cant fault you for that m8  ;)
but if you got to many probs isi t worth it  ???

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 05:25:48 pm »
When the weather is this bad the rain don't stop long enough for the customer to see the results anyway so they are hardly going to cash in on a rain gurantee! :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 05:42:19 pm »
Beaufort Scale

0 - 4 wind is no problem.
5, 6 Strong breeze - Tosh's cigarette smoke may cause dusting on windows
7     Strong wind - Tosh's pole sways but is manageable - but his wig stays on
8     Gale force - Wor Lass cannot run without falling over
9     Strong gale - Tosh cannot run without falling over - wig flaps
10   Storm force  - Tosh's wig blows off
11,12   Hurricane - Tosh has had beans again!
It's a game of three halves!

mark dew

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 06:17:30 pm »
matt i think you're right about damp ground. I've had more problems with wind last summer but not any that i know about this winter so far. Though i did give a couple of days a miss cos of the wind.

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 06:04:04 pm »
5, 6 Strong breeze - Tosh's cigarette smoke may cause dusting on windows

I've only been smoking (again) for two months, and I can feel the effect it's having on my lungs; I gotta stop that smoking (again).

But getting back on topic, I wouldn't clean a 'grade A' account on a windy day; I do a couple of nice accounts inside and out, and I know doing them on a windy day won't consistantly produce good results; obviously 'cos I've seen the end product while cleaning the insides, and although I've never seen any 'horrors', I've seen stuff that isn't usually there when I WFP on a non-windy day.

I'll generally clean domestic accounts on a windy day, but since I only usually WFP 'tops' and Wor Lass 'trads' the bottoms, so it's not all going to be a total mess; if a mess at all!

But then I've came home, 'winded off' and cleaned my own windows and they've turned out great; so I'm 'out' on this one.

dai

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 06:17:41 pm »
If you live by the sea and the wind is blowing onshore, I'm talking gale force gusts, the windows can be filthy in a couple of hours. I washed my van windscreen when I was parked up, and it was minging by 11 o'clock

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 08:10:48 pm »
I did a house yesterday and it was lovely as usual.
Went back today for payment and saw a little mark on one window.
Went to buff it off, and just smudged a load of grease.
Had to wash and squeegee the whole pane again!

Windows seem to stay clean for a few hours at the moment! :-\