Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

niceandclean

Alex Gardiner
« on: February 05, 2008, 08:53:03 pm »
Alex, i was going to change over from Tricoflex hose to some microbore when you delivered out my new SLX. I have picked up a couple of commercial contracts this week, so im going to need some now.
Questions:
1. I have a flojet 100 psi pump, can i just change over the hose without the need to mess about adjusting the pump?
2. What fittings would you reccommend for the hose reel, and also i have 3 poles on the van?
3. If i didnt want to have 100 metres on the reel, say i wanted 60 metres, i take it i would just need normal fittings, ie not a hose joiner?
4. If i ordered this evening, do you think its possible to have it to me by Thursday?

Thanks

Alex Wingrove

Re: Alex Gardiner
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 09:23:32 pm »
I can help

you wont need to adjust the pump, it should prime between 1-5secs after stopping flow,
i use 6mm-1/2" barb hose connector thing and attach a hozelock connection onto the end

why would you not want 100m?

Thursday morning before work? at 8am, dont think so after 9am sure

i think...

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 07:48:56 am »
Alex, i was going to change over from Tricoflex hose to some microbore when you delivered out my new SLX. I have picked up a couple of commercial contracts this week, so im going to need some now.
Questions:
1. I have a flojet 100 psi pump, can i just change over the hose without the need to mess about adjusting the pump?
2. What fittings would you reccommend for the hose reel, and also i have 3 poles on the van?
3. If i didnt want to have 100 metres on the reel, say i wanted 60 metres, i take it i would just need normal fittings, ie not a hose joiner?
4. If i ordered this evening, do you think its possible to have it to me by Thursday?

Thanks

Sorry, only just seen this post.  As Alex has said, your pump will be fine for microbore hose. You will need to tune it to match your hose. To do this, follow the advice on the bottom half of this page:

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/What_pressure_delivery_pump_will_I_need_.html

I would recommend using EZ snap fittings on the microbore. You would need to fit 3 tails and Protecta-Balls to your poles.  If you want to use some of the 100 metres as an extension, simply fit an EZ snap end and tail and plug it in when you want it.

As for delivery times, it would be hard to guarantee Thursday delivery (couriers). However, Friday should be feasible.

niceandclean

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 04:52:18 pm »
Thanks to both Alex and Alex.
Put the jobs off till next week now, so not a big panic. Ill get some ordered this evening. Is it as easy as it explains to adjust the pump, never touched it, its about 2.5- 3 years old.
Also are the new poles still on course for end of Feb?
Oh and another question, those Gul gloves that you are now selling, are they quite hard wearing?
Thanks

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 05:14:25 pm »
It is very easy to adjust your pump, but you may not even need to do it all. Some pumps seem to be well balanced right out of the box!

The new poles are still on course for the end of February, if you have got yours reserved you are OK. Nearly all have been pre-ordered by clients and distributors, there are just a few left from the first batch. Fortunately the second batch will be along at the end of March.

I find the Gul gloves to be very hard-wearing, the only point to bear in mind is when drying them at night not to let them get too dry and crispy!

niceandclean

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 06:02:11 pm »
Thanks, hopefully i wont have to mess about with it.
I have got a pole reserved, i recieved your email about the delay, but just wanted to check to make sure as my X-Tel is ready for the bin. 
Sorry to be a pain, but are the gloves a nice tight fit?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 06:51:55 pm »
If anything the gloves are slightly small on their sizing. I have slightly below average hand size and I take a Medium.

niceandclean

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 08:06:56 pm »
I dont have big hands either, ill try the medium ones then.
Brilliant, thanks for your help.