Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Re: rinsing on!!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 09:53:04 am »
I tried rinsing on the glass for a couple of days on my domestic work. I always rinse brush on for high stuff and commercial but never had on domestic. I got two complaints!!! Most houses were fine but for some reason two were not. Well I got two complains last year, going to be tough to beat that now!! Im rinsing off for domestics now  ;)

What brush did you use Kev R?

Ian_Giles

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 11:18:29 am »
I virtually always rinse on the glass, there are occasions when you instinctively feel you have to rinse off the glass.
I also have quite a low flowrate too, and to date, rarely have any problems.

My general technique for repeat cleans on windows and frames in good condition:

1. Side to side a couple of times on the top of the window frame, and usually down the sides of the frame.

2. side to side quite quickly of the top of the glass where it meets the frame or glazing.

3. vigorously up and down moving along the width of the pane and quickly working down the pane, depending on the size of the pane of course.

4. With windows that have panes below I then wash the frame between the panes and continue down and across the rest of the window, finally finishing on the sill.

And thats it, when I scrub the glass I don't just pass over it once, it is scrubbed several times as I pass down the glass and on good windows that is more than enough.

There are many variants of course, you can tell to a certain degree by the 'drag' on the brush as you clean that you may need to go over the entire pane more than once, you can see the effect that the weather has had on the glass, and that can also tell you that you may need to take a little longer or adapt your technique.
Some windows have vents..well we all know we need to be very careful around them.
And if frames have oxidized you have to further adapt your technique.

I am using the superlite pole and brush, and have found this a good combination by the way.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

ian m

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 01:21:15 pm »
 Ive been able to "rinse on the glass" ever since I got rid of the vikan flocked brush and replaced it with a salmon brush that has jets fitted.

I use a flow rate of around 2 litres per min, these two factors are the most important when it comes to results, as far as I can see,  ive been wfp for almost three years now.

If I come across windows that bead instead of sheet i do spend an extra few seconds on the rinse.

On another note:

A couple of years ago when the vikans first became available a lot of users ( including me) changed over to them. There was a lot of hype about them ( and after all they did look good with TWO colours!!!)

The Ionics dual trim brush was slated on this and another forum as rubbish ( mainly because it was said that they went out of shape) There was and is a lot of anti Ionics feeling around.

Its been interesting to read lately how they now seem to be regarded as a decent bit of kit.

I still use my Ionics brush on higher work.

Ian

I know you are out there....... I can hear you breathing

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 01:29:29 pm »
I always rinse brush on, no complaints. I will never use a flocked brush because they trap the dirt in the bristles.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 02:00:47 pm »
Ive been able to "rinse on the glass" ever since I got rid of the vikan flocked brush and replaced it with a salmon brush that has jets fitted.

I use a flow rate of around 2 litres per min, these two factors are the most important when it comes to results, as far as I can see,  ive been wfp for almost three years now.

If I come across windows that bead instead of sheet i do spend an extra few seconds on the rinse.

On another note:

A couple of years ago when the vikans first became available a lot of users ( including me) changed over to them. There was a lot of hype about them ( and after all they did look good with TWO colours!!!)

The Ionics dual trim brush was slated on this and another forum as rubbish ( mainly because it was said that they went out of shape) There was and is a lot of anti Ionics feeling around.

Its been interesting to read lately how they now seem to be regarded as a decent bit of kit.

I still use my Ionics brush on higher work.

Ian

Well they have designed a new brush (ionics) which (they say) is a lot harder wearing, because they needed more durability for their hotsystem. So the new ones should even be better then the old ones.

groundhog

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 03:02:40 pm »
Its common sense really that rinsing with the brush off will give better results!

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 03:46:08 pm »
It's common sense that rinsing at height with brush off will lead to health problems later in your life. Keep doing it so that the rinse on WFP w/c's will take your work from you when you've buggered yourselves up.

Immaculate windows

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2008, 04:45:58 pm »
I always rinse on the glass-backbreaking work if you don't!!
Its a confidence thing I think, but you need to "chase" the drips down the glass with your brush, but also keep the brush slightly ahead of the main bulk of the water. Works perfectly fine for me and never get a complaint from my customers.  ;)

Dean Aspects

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2008, 04:52:01 pm »
I use both methods depending on the window or job the higher i go though its brush on every time but for ground and first floor i prefer to do brush off i feel it does a better job having said that all the ones i do brush on have never complained so both ways work for me

Dean

groundhog

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2008, 06:59:36 pm »
It's common sense that rinsing at height with brush off will lead to health problems later in your life. Keep doing it so that the rinse on WFP w/c's will take your work from you when you've buggered yourselves up.
Unless your some kind of wimp, rinsing off at up to 1st floor level is no problem at all!!  ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2008, 07:23:30 pm »
Unless your some kind of wimp, rinsing off at up to 1st floor level is no problem at all!!  ;)

It's accumulative, now you don't feel anything, in 10 years you most likely will. Just because you feel fine now, doesn't make it the best way to clean for your body.

Why lift if you don't have to? That's what I want to know.

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2008, 07:36:19 pm »
Ive been using both for the last 5 years what you have to be carefull with whn doing it on the glass is if you catch any part of a dirty fame with any of your brisltes you WILL leave  dirty contaminated spots accross the glass. But it works both on and off but llike i said i use both depends on how big the glass is etc etc etc

ian m

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2008, 07:38:57 pm »
Rinsing on  the glass allows me to work quicker, bringing in more dosh at the end of the day.

Plus I don't feel the strain on my lower back.

This forum is where we can go to get advise, and as usual there are all types available, take your pick

I know you are out there....... I can hear you breathing

groundhog

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2008, 07:43:42 pm »

It's accumulative, now you don't feel anything, in 10 years you most likely will. Just because you feel fine now, doesn't make it the best way to clean for your body.

Why lift if you don't have to? That's what I want to know.

So how do you get your pole from one window to the next? Do you lift it by any chance? Or is that too dangerous for you!! ;D  Rinsing off at up to 1st floor level puts absolutely no strain on your back in my opinion, and does a much better job!! ;)

Rogue Trader

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2008, 09:23:17 pm »
The only advice i can offer is dont do it too quickly after converting to wfp.
I did this after reading a thread a couple of weeks back and got problems! I was only on the second clean wfp and the dreaded spots were appearing ...... I have gone back to rinsing off but will deffo start to rinse on again .... to be safe i am gonna do it on 4th clean.

NWH

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2008, 10:12:06 pm »
Oh yeah you`ve got to get the window`s up to a standard first,don`t rinse on doing first cleans or you will get problems.