Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

pump / vari stream/ flow valve query
« on: February 02, 2008, 11:22:06 am »
if i have a shurflo pump witha varistream unit would there be any problems with having a valve on pole to close water off?

also how does the varistream work

Dean Aspects

Re: pump / vari stream/ flow valve query
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 11:27:13 am »
I have a flow controller on my system and it works fine with the pump and varistream
The varistream controls the pump speed and therefore the flow of the water When using the flow valves and the valve is off it will also cut out the pump so it isnt constantly pumping and burns out

Dean

JSMC

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 11:30:14 am »
yeah was worried by turning off valve on pole it would cause the pump to owrk harder. so basically the varistream just controls pump speed as it takes from tank?

Dean Aspects

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 11:33:22 am »
Without being a technical wizz thats my understanding off it although im sure someone with a better understanding will give a better explanation

Dean

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 11:37:18 am »
when set properly the varistream will sense the change in pressure and non flow when the valve is shut so will shut the pump off too. You set the pump cut off by the blue pot dial in the back of the varistream.

the varistream controls pump speed and water pressure, it cuts off when you shut the valve or disconnect the end stops to save water and batt power and to prevent damage to the pump.