Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon knight

Have I told the customer the truth?
« on: February 01, 2008, 02:53:01 pm »

Did a large conservatory today....top really minging with moss etc. Gave it a good scrubbing with a non-abrasive pad and because the sun was drying it faster than I could blade off i took her garden hose and gave it a good rinse.

I told custy that it would dry spotty but that the next big downpour would clear it...I'm thinking of the wfp guys saying as rain water is pure.

Have i told her a load of old cobblers?

Re: Have I told the customer the truth?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 02:59:22 pm »

Did a large conservatory today....top really minging with moss etc. Gave it a good scrubbing with a non-abrasive pad and because the sun was drying it faster than I could blade off i took her garden hose and gave it a good rinse.

I told custy that it would dry spotty but that the next big downpour would clear it...I'm thinking of the wfp guys saying as rain water is pure.

if it is not raining when you do it the spots it will not go in the rain because the water has minerals in that leave the spots calcium spots will not go in the rain. some will but not all i would not worry about it if it was that bad to start with she will be pleased anyway.

I used to do the same on big jobs, cant wait for this year to do again, so much less hassle.

Kev R

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 03:06:25 pm »
Im wfp and I do all conservatories with tap water then just do the glass with pure. If its a polycarbonate roof and you have bladed the glass windows they will never know.  ;) if its a glass roof it will dry spotty with just tap water but if you have told them no worries.

Helen

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 03:09:45 pm »

No not a load of old cobblers but, it depends what the rainwater carries in it too!
If you are worried, why not pop round in the near future, call it customer service and check the result for yourself. Makes a good impression on custies and puts you mind at rest ;D

simon knight

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 04:57:30 pm »

So it seems I've told her a half truth...I can live with that.

If she's not happy she's the type to have no hesitation picking up the phone.

Cheers all and good weekend.

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 09:10:25 pm »

The thing is simon, I notice you live in the London area, is the TDS high in London? I think it is going by other posts, if thats the case you will leave it spotty, I live in the south west and I have cleaned con roofs with tap water and they dry ok, I don't do it now I use pure, if your water is hard then it will get spotty, pop back and have a look, you may just be lucky and gotten away with it? Hope you have. ;)

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 09:14:11 pm »
jeff.....does it matter wot the tds reading is anywhere in the world....rain water doesnt count toward the final reading...its only once its been treated.....i think. 8)

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 09:23:41 pm »
jeff.....does it matter wot the tds reading is anywhere in the world....rain water doesnt count toward the final reading...its only once its been treated.....i think. 8)
Scrimman, I was refering to the water from the hospipe he used not the rain :'(

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 09:31:26 pm »
my a paul o'gees jeff.........i knew you knew.....but did you know that i knew you knew? ;)

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 09:55:36 pm »